CAH Index
  Re: (...)
Hi All,

From what I gather from my forum searches, an index of CAH recipes used to be available on the website, but it is no longer. After happily subscribing for 2 years, I now have a bunch of the other annuals on order (my Christmas gift from my wife), and it looks like each year has an annual index. I'm probably underestimating the effort, but maybe it wouldn't be that bad to combine 14 annual indexes into one, particularly if I could get some OCR technology working to assist. Of course I wouldn't ever publicly post something like that without the blessing of CAH, and I certainly wouldn't EVER post any content beyond the index. But I can't imagine they would mind just an index of all recipes ever published with a reference of each recipe name to its corresponding issue date made public. It could only help with sales of annuals I suspect. What do you think? I would certainly find it valuable. Or is something like this already available without the effort?
  Re: CAH Index by BobMc2 (Hi All,[br][br]From ...)
Wouldn't it be great to have something like that! Somebody help me here but didn't Labs try something similar a couple years ago with an internet site? I can't remember now what all he had on it (and I don't even have the link anymore).

What a colossal (sp?) undertaking that would be!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Index by cjs (Wouldn't it be great...)
Yes, Labs did try something like that a few years ago. Don't remember what happened anymore. We will have to wait for his return to find out, unless he decides to check in.

I would have to look through back issues, but seem to remember an index included in one or two that covered several issues. Or am I thinking of a different magazine?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CAH Index by Mare749 (Yes, Labs did try so...)
The C@H's online index of the MAGAZINE recipes and tips is still online. I use it frequently. I bookmarked it once logged in, so I could find it and not have to long in each time.

Go to C@H main page
click on Customer Service (top right)
At this point you have to log in with your customer information to find your number if you do not have one on the magazine address label.
Then under My Service Options on the left you will find the link for Online Index.

The unfortunate thing is it is just for the magazines, not the special publication books. But at least it helps narrow it down.

I would love it if they would include an index of the books too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: CAH Index by esgunn (The [url=mailto:C@H'...)
Wow, I found it. Thanks for that!!! There is a 45 page pdf index of all recipes from issue 1 to 84. Thanks again Erin!
  Re: Re: CAH Index by BobMc2 (Wow, I found it. Th...)
I forgot all about this. Thanks Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Index by cjs (I forgot all about t...)
Thanks Erin, I'm glad it's still there. Will have to bookmark it like you said so I remember to use it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CAH Index by Mare749 (Thanks Erin, I'm gla...)
It has been ages since I updated my own site. Nobody really visits it, anyway, so I may redo things, change it to something else or just let it go. Have plenty of other things to do, but hope I can get SOMETHING up there that will earn some extra money and not just sit there.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?