Thanksgiving Plans All in Order????
  Re: (...)
Laura is going to be home with Denise & Derek; Daphne's flock is coming home also....how are everyone elses plans coming along?

We're going to have quite a week - Tuesday is our 43rd anniversary, so we're heading out Tuesday early for Portland and party with our friend, Houseboat Don. Then Wednesday, we'll head for Tracie's (daughter) in Medford and our granddaughter and her family will be joining us on Turkey day - which we are having at my grandson's. He and his roommates are making dinner this year. A deep fried turkey.... Should be a fun time and we get to see our 'growing up too fast' great-grandson!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by cjs (Laura is going to be...)
Sounds fun Jean! We are actually going out for an early dinner (2:00). My whole family should be there except one brother who is leaving for China tomorrow (business). We may wind up spending the night at my sister's house since the restaurant is only 5 minutes from her house. Then we can continue the party and not have to drive. My son loves sleeping over at his cousin's house.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by Trixxee (Sounds fun Jean! We...)
We're going to my brother and SIL's house. I'm bringing over a cheesecake with me that I have to make today.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by BarbaraS (We're going to my br...)
I am going to do all my shopping tomorrow. Turkey is thawing. Mom is making pies and jello. My neighbors are also coming over so gonna ask them to do an appy and wine. So all I have to do is dinner.

I have found that wednesday ends up being the big cooking day so that on Thanksgiving just need to cook the turkey, do some final touches and make gravy.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by DFen911 (I am going to do all...)
Tonya and I are cooking dinner down in the restaurant kitchen for the crew that's going to be here. I'm doing the cranberries, a veggie side, sweet potatoes, and of course custard rich rolls. It would not be Thanksgiving without them. She's doing the turkey, stuffing, mashed pots, and her husband is doing the pumpkin pies.

I don't know what anyone else is bringing. It'll be nice having a nice big kitchen to cook in. Fun! Later in the week we'll get together with my nephew and his family. I'm looking forward to that!

Everyone sounds like they've got it dial in pretty well.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by Harborwitch (Tonya and I are cook...)
Thanksgiving plans are in order, except for a veggie. With my kids, broccoli is the safest choice. Any suggestions?? Thanks!
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by BobMc2 (Thanksgiving plans a...)
For the first time, we're staying home. Don't know what's on the menu other than turkey. Since it will be just the two of us, I think it would be fun to try some new recipes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by Lorraine (For the first time, ...)
Wow, Lorraine - Baltimore will be in an uproar with you two missing the holiday, won't it?

Sharon, what fun to have all that space for cooking and serving!

Bob, don't know how you feel about brussels sprouts, but have you ever tried Cuisine's Brussels sprouts dish - first thing that popped into my head just now. It is deliciious.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Cream Sauce*****

Toss:
1 lb. Brussels sprouts -- halved lengthwise
2 cups red onions -- cut into wedges
8 oz. kielbasa -- 1/2 inch thick slices (subbed mini meatballs from home made bulk sausage)
2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper
Simmer:
1/2 cup heavy cream (subbed canned milk-no heavy cream)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 450°.

Toss sprouts, onions, and kielbasa in a bowl with the oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 20 minutes (30 minutes was perfect), or until sprouts are tender, yet still crisp.

Simmer cream, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. To serve, spoon sauce over roasted sprouts.

-----

Makes: 6 Cups

Description:
"Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 24 - first made for Sunday brunch, 11/4/07"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by cjs (Wow, Lorraine - Balt...)
Bob, here is a recipe that's been around forever that might work for you. When our picky eaters won't eat anything else, they will always eat this.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Rice and Broccoli Casserole

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Side dishes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup dry rice cooked
2 cans cream of celery or cream of chicken -- one of each is good
2 9 oz. boxes frozen chopped broccoli or spears
1 8 oz. Cheese Whiz

Cook rice. Heat soup and Cheese Whiz till hot and smooth. Mix with rice. Cook broccoli in microwave until almost done. Put rice and broccoli in layers in greased casserole. Reserve cheese sauce for top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

NOTES : Can also be put into crockpot for 3-4 hours on low.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanksgiving Plans All in Order???? by Mare749 (Bob, here is a recip...)
Almost forgot to post Thanksgiving plans!

We are going to my in-laws for their famous T-day meal. Nobody does it better! Both of our girls won't be there this year. Holly and Bob are going out of town to spend the holiday with his family, and Heather has to work.(nurse) Her hubbie and and kids will go with us. Both of Ron's sisters and their families will be there as well.

My job this year will be the rolls and pumpkin pies which I will do in the morning before we go out to help set up.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."