T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

I'm finally able to clean one of the freezers!!! Congratulations to me! Well, I'm kind of forced to - Roy came home with a beautiful standing rib roast, a leg of lamb (which is marinating for the smoker today), and a 24 lb. turkey that is thawing so I can cut it up and freeze in pieces instead of cooking the whole thing - $.39 lb.

Here comes full freezers again.....

We'll probably have Black Beans & Chicken burritos for dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
That's a pretty amazing price for your turkey, Jean. What a great idea to cut it up. Many uses for that.

I picked up some beautiful pork chops from the butcher this a.m. so will grill those and baste with apple butter BBQ sauce from Mapleside Farms. Also, brussel sprouts and maybe some scalloped potatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Mare749 (That's a pretty amaz...)
Well, my husband has a Thanksgiving pot luck at work so he's probably not going to be overly hungry so I might not be really cooking. I have two rotissiere chicken breasts in the fridge that I bought yesterday and I can throw together a salad. Also stocked up on cheeses, olive tapenade, salami and crackers from Trader Joe's this morning so there's that too.

Jean - my Friday night steak will have to wait. But not the Sebastiani.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Trixxee (Well, my husband has...)
It's been a rough week! TGIF!!!!!!

Iim forfeiting my steak tonight, too. I picked up some hamburger yesterday in case my brain had malfunctioned and I didn't have chili for hot dogs in the freezer. Since I DID have some already made, I saved the burger. I'm either going to make burgers or make up some hamburger pie. Something with burger, anyway....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's been a rough we...)
Cleaning out the fridge and getting ready to spend Thanksgiving with my new grandbaby in Colorado!

So, tonight we'll have some spaghetti and salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by HomeCulinarian (Cleaning out the fri...)
We have leftover Pozole, beef pot pie, and roast chicken & rice pilaf. I don't know what we're having - smorgasboard!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Harborwitch (We have leftover Poz...)
I HAVE ONE FREEZER DEFROSTED AND CLEANED!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself and disgusted too, no reason to let it get like that!!!

The smoked lamb is delicious, the turkey carcass has been turned into turkey soup and I made the first batch of coconut fudge. We'll see how it is after dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by cjs (I HAVE ONE FREEZER D...)
Show off! LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Harborwitch (Show off! LOL[br] [...)
Leftovers!!! Jane is doing a baby shower for my bookeepers daughter at 11:00AM tomorrow. I'm helping tonight and until about 11:00 tomorrow, then off to lunch and golf!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/18?? by Old Bay (Leftovers!!! Jane i...)
I planned to grill up 2 chickens that have been sitting in a Latin-style marinade of orange juice, lime juice, oregano, onion, lots of garlic, cumin, lots of cilanto, and olive oil. Problem is, I didn't get home until much later than expected today. So that is lunch for tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see how a chicken sitting in such a high citrus marinade for 40 hours comes out.