What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm torn, I've been wanting a bean and tuna salad for a few days, so may go that route, but also, I pulled out Issue #74 a while back and now can't remember why, so may go thru it and see what's in it.

Also, I have a mission for the next few days - maybe someone here has done this. Quite often my cousins call my aunt (that we visit) to have her ask me for recipes and ideas. My cousin Debbie came up with a request that I've never done, so I'm looking for ideas. She wants a creamy fudge made with coconut milk - doesn't want any coconut itself in the fudge, just the milk. so that's my challenge for this month...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
You'll have fun with the challenge, Jean.

We are having black bean and chorizo chili from the Bayless Salsas that Cook book. The salsa in this has tomatillos as the base so it's got a nice tang to it. That with some corn bread and side salad will be good on a cold evening.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by HomeCulinarian (You'll have fun with...)
I think we're getting takeout - blackened chicken burritos with a buy one get one free coupon.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by Trixxee (I think we're gettin...)
I have no idea
Going crazy getting ready for craft fair on Saturday, then leaving for OH on Sunday. It's snowing....a little. I wish I knew a meal that would cook itself
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by Trixxee (I think we're gettin...)
I am going to Salty's on Alki - a local waterfront restaurant, and watching the chef and sous chef prepare brine, season and cook a turkey, and make sides:

With my sous chefs, I will teach how to properly brine, season, stuff and cook a turkey. Then we'll teach the preparation of my favorite three side dishes for Thanksgiving: Perfect Mash, Dutch Apple Stuffing and Green Beans with Hazelnut and Preserved Lemon Butter. Pastry Chef James Gibson will demonstrate dessert.

Guests will receive samples of the food creations and drinks, which will include Apple Cider and Beaujolais wine.

Can't wait!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by esgunn (I am going to Salty'...)
that sounds fun, Erin!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 11/17?? by farnfam (that sounds fun, Eri...)
Oh that does sound like fun, Erin - have a great time!

My semi-boneless (don't you love that term?) leg of lamb is marinating and my apple chips are soaking and I'll be smoking it tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com