What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight? (I'm so anxious to hear from Blane re the pie/cookie things!)

Time is flying, folks - this is the 3rd Wed. of the month already, so we're off to Everett. No telling what we'll have. Blane, have you ever been to Buck's? That's the restaurant we go to each month. In fact, it's such a family institution, my Great-uncle used Buck's as his drinking spot a hundred ( ) years ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I have a huge pot of chicken backs/feet simmering. Since we have both come down with horrendous head/chest colds, I'm thinking it's soup night.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by Lorraine (I have a huge pot of...)
Could have used some of your chicken soup last week, Lorraine! I'm about over this head cold after a week and a half.

Today is our good friend's birthday, and we will celebrate it with her at the Black Dog BBQ place in Urbana. Best BBQ in our area.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by HomeCulinarian (Could have used some...)
I just have no idea which is unfortunate because my son has a minimum day today so homework can be done earlier and I could spend some time making something I normally wouldn't make on a school night.

AND I'M BRAIN DEAD. Nothing is jumping out at me.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by Trixxee (I just have no idea ...)
OK, came up with something. Chicken pesto sandwiches. I haven't made a good sandwich in a while.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by Trixxee (OK, came up with som...)
Hope you feel better soon, Lorraine. My daughter, Holly and her family have all been sick for the past two weeks and all needed antibiotics. Somehow, we've been able to dodge it!

Jean's soup pic the other day made me hungry for clam chowder, so we will start with that. I have some chicken breasts marinating and if it's not raining, they will go on the grill. A simple salad will finish the meal.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by Mare749 (Hope you feel better...)
Oh sorry to hear so many are not well. This time of year, seems like stuff goes around
The other nite we saw Maryann on Ciao Italia make some gnocchi and since we have some ricotta I am going to make that with some fried eggplant and pesto.
Not that I mind, but I cannot believe there's no snow on the ground yet
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I must not get out enough, I've never heard of Buck's. Where is it at?

The Chocolate chip cookie pies are really tasty. I think eating them fresh out of the oven would have been better, either way, a very tasty treat that's easy to make.

This is my last day posting until Nov. 28th, My wife and I head to Puerto Vallarta Mexico tomorrow morning.

Tonight's dinner will be something simple, essential steak with asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by losblanos1 (I must not get out e...)
Have a safe and wonderful vacation, Blane! You will be missed! Take notes because we all love to hear about the food and we love to see pics too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 11/16?? by Mare749 (Have a safe and wond...)
I'm disliking you intensely right about now, Blane!! I so wanted to go south this year.

Alright, have a safe trip and a wonderful time...sigh. When you get back, let's talk about some eating places in Everett, I'm a little tired of Bucks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com