Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa
  Re: (...)
This is what I've decided to donate to the Habitat for Humanity fund raiser this coming Saturday. Cheap, easy, fast and since I'm not getting paid, that's what I'm looking for.

Tested these this morining and we can't stay out of them. They are great!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa

1 cup brown sugar
•3 Tbsp. spicy mustard (I used Beaver's Deli mustard, which is nicely grainy and lots of mustard seeds)
•2 lbs. smoked fully cooked kielbasa -- cut into 1" pieces
1 teaspoon Tabasco (I added this, it just seemed to call for it)

Preparation:
Combine brown sugar and mustard in 3-4 quart crockpot -- add kielbasa, and stir to evenly coat. Cover crockpot and cook on low-heat 2-1/2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until kielbasa is thoroughly heated and glazed.

12 servings - I cut each kielbasa (they are now 14 oz. not a full pound ) into 28 pieces and they make a nice bite size for the picks.

I'll sure make these again. Delicious.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by cjs (This is what I've de...)
Sounds perfect! The downsizing of grocery products is mildly annoying, isn't it?
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by Trixxee (Sounds perfect! Th...)
This sounds really good, Jean! I'll put this on the holiday list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by Gourmet_Mom (This sounds really g...)
Be careful, they are hard to stay out of...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sounds good! Jean could you leave the pieces bigger and have them for a "dinner"???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
A nice alternative to sweet and sour meatballs. Thanks, Jean, just might do this at Christmas.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by pjcooks (A nice alternative t...)
I was just thinking the same thing, PJ. The same old meatballs are getting boring. Time to try something new and this sounds really good. Thanks Jean.

Is it too early to start a thread with new holiday recipes to try?
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by Mare749 (I was just thinking ...)
"Is it too early to start a thread with new holiday recipes to try?" good idea, Maryann!

It did run thru my mind to serve the remaining pieces with some rice because there is some 'sauce' left after the caramelizing of the pieces, but we just had cheese and crackers for dinner and picked at those.

The original recipe does say it makes 12 pieces so normally they would be bigger than what I wanted them for.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by cjs ("Is it too early to ...)
Joan has signed up to cook a dinner for a family with a member (mother?) undergoing cancer treatment. She'll be doing it on a regular basis (I think she said every thursday) so she's looking for inexpensive, complete meals for a family. This might be nice with some mac & cheese and a nice veggie.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa by Harborwitch (Joan has signed up t...)
I know of some cookbooks with 'everyday' type foods......
www.achefsjourney.com