What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I brought home my broth from steamed clams and Roy's from a garlic mushroom dish last week and froze it. Yesterday, I made a delicious clam, mushroom & corn chowder using this broth and man, is it yummy!! So, that's our dinner.

[Image: LOBrothClamChowderNov13.jpg]

Yesterday, I also made these little goodies - Bacon-Wrapped Apple-Cheddar Rolls. I wanted to make Cis's horseradish/bacon crescent rolls also, but ran out of bacon.
[Image: Bacon-WrappedApple-CheddarRolls.jpg]

These were good also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We are having leftover chili over macaroni. I should also make green salad - we'll see if I get to the store today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by Trixxee (We are having leftov...)
I soaked some beans last night so I'm going to add the last of the leftover pork, and make a kind of posole. I've got the hominy and everything else I need.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by Harborwitch (I soaked some beans ...)
Jean, those both look so good!

I have alot of leftovers in the refrigerator. I think we will be having a little leftover indian stuffed chicken breast (Saturdays dinner) and brisket from last night, and some steamed broccoli.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by esgunn (Jean, those both lo...)
My sister and I celebrated her birthday here today:
http://www.missmollys.net/photos/

I'm still full, so will probably skip dinner or just have some soup later on tonight. Ron is having a hot roast beef sandwich, mashers, and veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by Mare749 (My sister and I cele...)
Oh Maryann!! That place looks awesome!!

And Jean, It is just soooooo wrong of you to post pics of food (especially those containing bacon) WITHOUT posting the recipe!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by BarbaraS (Oh Maryann!! That p...)
Tonight's dinner is Salmon piccata with Duchess potatoes and Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight's dinner is ...)
I love when restuarants offer this - this or a charcuterie platter is always my choice. What did you have?

Miss Molly’s Featured Lunch
This feature allows our chef the opportunity to create for you some of his favorite recipes. Served with a cup of soup or one of our four side salads, along with either gourmet chips or two slices of French Batard bread.

That was tacky, wasn't it, Barbara... It's a Pillsbury recipe.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon-Wrapped Apple-Cheddar Rolls

1 Granny Smith apples -- cut into 16 (1/4-inch) slices (1 to 2)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 Dash salt
1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 slices extra-sharp Cheddar cheese -- (1/4 inch) cut in half (from 8-oz block)
16 slices packaged precooked bacon

Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with nonstick foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat. (Some cheese will melt out during baking so this will make cleanup easier.)

2 In medium bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar; sprinkle with salt.

3 On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.

4 Place 1 cheese slice on shortest side of each dough triangle; top each with 1 apple slice. Fold sides of dough triangle up slightly; wrap dough around apple and cheese.

5 Wrap 1 bacon slice around outside of each dough roll-up, making sure ends of bacon are on bottom and slightly tucked in. Place on cookie sheet.

6 Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

.Raw bacon doesn’t work because it won’t have enough time to cook. You need to use precooked for this recipe to work. Precooked bacon can be found at the supermarket.

If you precook your own bacon, make sure you don’t cook it until it’s crispy. You want it to be pliable so it can wrap around the dough

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by cjs (I love when restuara...)
I just did a baked pasta, Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Cheese dish. I'm in survival mode.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 11/14?? by cjs (I love when restuara...)
Oh Jean those just sound so good.

I need to re read this thread tomorrow when I'm awake - freakin' wind blew a gale all night, Bob had to get up at 2am and tie down the mud flaps (which happen to be right "under" our bed) that were slamming in the wind. Tired.

Tonight wound up being leftover roast beef & fixin's and those d@mn carrots. The beans in the "pozole" weren't close to done so the crockpot will continue to simmer away for a while longer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!