What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for Vetern's Day - God bless them all!!

Been a crazy week, I have no idea, but it'll be a grab and heat something..........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
11/11/11 - today is College boy's 24th Birthday, but he won't be spending it with his folks even if he could...

We have a banquet to attend - a high end one because it is in celebration of Professorship Investitures... a very big deal in academia. Looking forward to it!
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Have a pot roast in the crockpot with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. We had snow overnight, so the perfect meal.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by Mare749 (Have a pot roast in ...)
Wow! Snow already, Maryann?

I'm going to have my steak tonight. That reminds me....I need to set it out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Snow already, ...)
We had snow too! but mostly gone now, a bit here and there is all that's left. Pot roast sounds soooo good. We are going to a concert tonite so something quick and easy, maybe pasta fagioli but still undecided. Might have to do some food gawking
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by farnfam (We had snow too! bu...)
We're having penne pasta with marinara sauce and sicilian sausages. I'm craving Italian. I've also got some zucchini I will roast or saute.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by Trixxee (We're having penne p...)
Tonights meal is Filet Mignon with port sauce and a side of steamed asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! Snow already, ...)
"Wow! Snow already, Maryann?"

Yes, just a bit overnight, but it all melted this morning as soon as the sun warmed things up a bit. It still felt cold all day though, just like it does when more snow is on the way.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by Mare749 ("Wow! Snow already, ...)
wow, it is winter today around here, also. Had our first batch of Nigella Lawson's Alcoholic Hot Chocolate this afternoon and it just hit the spot!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 11/11?? by cjs (wow, it is winter to...)
We are preparing to host my 50th graduation high school reunion tomorrow. The '61 Navasota Rattlers--we graduated 50--about 35 of us left. BBQ tomorrow, leftover Chinese tonight. God I feel old!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".