Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!!
  Re: (...)
What I was coming down with was a rather mild case of food poisoning!! I was a little iffy about a pasta salad I had made, but counting the days, I thought, oh it's o.k., it's only five days and it's vege, no meat. Well, that's fine, but what I neglected to take into consideration...the components of the salad had been in the frig for a number of days and it was a 'clean the frig' out salad!!!!

I'm sure none of you would be so careless, I'm telling on myself only to remind all of us to be careful of the food we do use in our cleaning out days. Geez!!!

Feeling a little better today. Oh, I zeroed in on the salad, because it was the only thing I had eaten that Roy hadn't! He ate his spatzle....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by cjs (What I was coming do...)
Glad to hear you are feeling better, Jean. He's really careful when it comes to catering (when in doubt, throw it out), but at home, he can and will eat anything with no ill effects. I think he has an iron stomach. Mine is much more delicate. I clean out the fridge of any iffy things early in the morning when he's sleeping.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by Lorraine (Glad to hear you are...)
Thank you for the good advice, Jean. It made me realize that I've probably done the same thing on occasion, especially when it comes to making a pot of soup.

Hope it doesn't take much longer to feel better. Mystery meal reviews are due Monday....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by Mare749 (Thank you for the go...)
OH MY I wouldn't have thought about that.
So glad to hear you're feeling better.
I'm going to go take a long hard look in the fridge
Cis
Empress for Life
Oh Jean - not that lovely little pasta salad???

I sometimes wonder about even the "fresh" food we buy, or the restaurants we go to.

I've learned to smell everything! At least you know you'll be feeling better soon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by Harborwitch (Oh Jean - not that l...)
Yup, that be the one. One thing, in catering I am so overly cautious. It would have been thrown away in that case.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by cjs (Yup, that be the one...)
Glad you are feeling better! I have had two really bad cases of food poisoning (both times from mayo) and it was awful. One time I was on vacation in Hawaii.
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by Trixxee (Glad you are feeling...)
Glad you're better Jean. That is the very reason I'm so freaky about stuff in my fridge.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Talk About a Rookie (or Dumb) Mistake!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Glad you're better J...)
Sorry that happened to you, Jean. Hubby will dare to eat older leftovers than me. Here's my rule... If I can't remember making it, then I don't eat it!
Oj Jean!! I'm so glad you're feeling better!! So what do you think the culprit was?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.