Pecan Tart
  Re: (...)
I'm looking for a Pecan Tart recipe that was in a 2009 or 2010 issue of Cuisine Magazine. The recipe called for using Lyle's Golden Syrup instead of Karo Syrup that most recipes call for. The syrup is an import from England and has a nicer flavor than Karo Syrup. I've made the recipe several times and everyone has loved it.

I can't think of any other magazine that it may have been in I've. "Googled" it and haven't got any hits.

Corinne Townsend
  Re: Pecan Tart by AuntCoco (I'm looking for a Pe...)
Hi Corrine! Welcome to the forum! Hope we will see more of you. Sorry I can't help at the moment, but later on tonight, I could look through some old issues and see if I can find the recipe you are looking for. I actually do remember a discussion on here about it because some of us wondered where we could find the syrup.

Check back this evening and I may have an answer for you, or someone else may have the recipe handy. BTW, you might want to edit your post and eliminate your email address from it. It's not considered to be a good idea to post it for the general public.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by Mare749 (Hi Corrine! Welcome...)
Butter Pecan Tartlets
Cuisine at home No. 42 (December 2003), pages 30-31

Tiny tarts that are packed with big butter flavor!

I found this one from the online index. It's way before 2009, so probably not it. I'm guessing the recipe you are looking for might be in one of the cookbooks. Try the cookie book, it had pecan tartlets, but I think it used maple syrup.
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by HomeCulinarian (Butter Pecan Tartlet...)
There is a Pecan Pie Bites recipe in the Holiday Cookies book. It calls for pure maple syrup. So, that's not it either.
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by HomeCulinarian (There is a Pecan Pie...)
Hi not in [Email]C@H[/Email] but it looks great and got great reviews, so I am posting it for you just in case.

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

COFFEE-TOFFEE PECAN PIE

With notes of butterscotch, espresso, and bourbon, this is a pecan pie like no other.

Servings: 8 [Image: 051101063-02-pecan-pie-recipe.jpg]

Oven Temperature: 375°F

3 oz. unsalted butter (6 TBS.)
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/2 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 TBS. bourbon
1 TBS. instant espresso powder
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. table salt
1/3 cup very finely chopped toasted pecans
2 cups toasted pecan halves
1 FOOLPROOF ALL-BUTTER PIE PASTRY FOR PREBAKED PIE SHELL
1/2 cup crushed chocolate toffee candy pieces, such as Heath or Skor

Position a rack in the center of the oven, set a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet on the rack, and heat the oven to 375°F.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter is brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Immediately whisk in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and Lyle’s Golden Syrup until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly. One at a time, whisk in the eggs. Whisk in the bourbon, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the chopped pecans.

Sprinkle half of the pecan halves in the piecrust, followed by the toffee candy pieces, and then the remaining pecan halves. Pour the syrup mixture over all.

Put the pie on the heated baking sheet and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until set, 45 to 55 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. When the pan is nudged, the center of the pie will no longer wobble, but the whole pie will jiggle just slightly, and the filling will bubble at the edges.

Transfer to a rack and cool completely before serving. The pie can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Inactive Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes

Source: Fine Cooking 11/2010 page 63
Web Page: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/coffe...n-pie.aspx

Recipe Type: Bourbon, Desserts, Fine Cooking, Pecans, Pies

FOOLPROOF ALL-BUTTER PIE PASTRY FOR PREBAKED PIE SHELL*****

Use this recipe for making single-crust pies like pecan or pumpkin. We prefer ceramic or metal pie weights for prebaking the pie shell. If you don’t own any weights, rice or dried beans can stand in, but since they’re lighter than pie weights, be sure to fill up the foil-lined pie shell completely.

Servings: 8
Yield: Makes one 9-inch single-crust

Oven Temperature: 400°F

1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour , plus additional flour for work surface
½ tsp. table salt
1 ½ tsp. sugar
8 TBS. unsalted butter (1 stick), cold, cut into ½-inch pieces and frozen for 10 minutes
4 tsp. sour cream
3-4 TBS. TBS. ice water

Process flour, salt, and sugar together in food processor until combined, about 3 seconds. Add butter and pulse until butter is size of large peas, about ten 1-second pulses.

Using fork, mix sour cream and 3 TBS. ice water in small bowl until combined. Add half sour cream mixture to flour mixture; pulse for three 1-second pulses. Repeat with remaining sour cream mixture. Pinch dough with fingers; if dough is floury, dry, and does not hold together, add additional TBS. water and process until dough forms large clumps and no dry flour remains, three to five 1-second pulses.

Turn dough out onto work surface, flatten into 4-inch disk, wrap disk in plastic, and refrigerate until firm but not hard, 1 to 2 hours, before rolling. (Dough can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours but will become rock hard. Let thoroughly chilled dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling.)

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll disk of dough between 2 large sheets parchment paper to 12-inch circle (about 1/8-inch thick). (If dough is soft and/or sticky, refrigerate until firm.) Remove parchment from one side of dough round, flip into 9-inch pie plate; peel off second layer parchment. Working around circumference of pie plate, ease dough into plate by gently lifting the edge of dough with one hand while pressing into plate bottom with other hand. Leave any dough that overhangs lip of pie plate in place; refrigerate dough-lined pie plate until firm, about 30 minutes.

Trim overhang to ½-inch beyond lip of pie plate. Fold overhang under itself; folded edge should be flush with edge of pie plate. Flute dough or press the tines of a fork against dough to flatten it against rim of pie plate. Refrigerate dough-lined plate until firm, about 15 minutes.

Remove dough-lined plate from refrigerator and press doubled 12-inch piece of foil inside shell, folding edge of foil over fluted edges to shield; distribute 2 cups pie weights over foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until dough is light in color, then remove foil and weights and continue baking until crust is golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes more. Transfer to wire rack.

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 3 hours

Source: COOK'S ILLUSTRATED September 1, 2005

Recipe Type: Cooks Illustrated, Desserts, Pastry doughs and other batters

Re: Re: Pecan Tart by Cubangirl (Hi not in [Email]C@H...)
Oh my goodness, that just sounds amazing! I love anything with pecans, but that one is over the top.

Sorry, Corrine, I have not yet found the recipe you are looking for even though I remember the Lyle's syrup! Now it's going to drive me nuts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by Mare749 (Oh my goodness, that...)
Oh, does that sound good!!!
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by Mare749 (Oh my goodness, that...)
There is a recipe in the last issue of 2010 that uses Lyle's (golden syrup). It is for Butterscotch Pie with Walnuts and Toffee. Maybe that is what you remember? I went back through my issues to 2006 and there is no pecan recipe with golden syrup. Ditto for all the Holiday cookbooks (except for this year which I did not get since I am determined to not buy new cookbooks until I read the ones I already have .
  Re: Re: Pecan Tart by Cubangirl (There is a recipe in...)
"since I am determined to not buy new cookbooks until I read the ones I already have" - good luck with that!!!

Wow, that pie does sound just decadent!! Hope you find your favorite, Corinne!! and welcome to the forum.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pecan Tart by AuntCoco (I'm looking for a Pe...)
Hi Corinne,

I saw your post requesting a recipe for a pecan tart that used Lyle's syrup, but there did not appear to be a definitive recipe posted. I was wondering if you have found the recipe or are still searching. I did not find such a recipe in the recipes that I have saved. I have found recipes on the Web for pecan pies that use Lyle's syrup, if you are interested I will post them. If you did find the recipe, I would love to have the reference for it.
Barbara