Cis's Camembert Strudel
  Re: (...)
Oh my, does she have a winner here!! Crescent rolls filled with camembert cheese and served with a saute of spinach, mushrooms, garlic (heavy cream garlic butter), and a splash of wine.

[Image: CIMG1594.jpg]
Thanks Cis, it was delicious! Will do this one again.

And, this is a picture overlooking the gold course at Sharon & Bob's. The picture really doesn't do it justice, you can see forever and it's just beautiful. Gorgeous sunset, last evening also.

[Image: CIMG1596.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by cjs (Oh my, does she have...)
If you liked that one, don't forget the Musrhoom and Cheese Strudel I posted three years ago. I called for Brie, but I used Camembert and loved it!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by labradors (If you liked that on...)
gonna be a 'strudel' winter, huh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by cjs (gonna be a 'strudel'...)
OH, Jean, I am soooo glad you tried it and liked it. This is such a fave around here.
What wine did you have with it???
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by farnfam (OH, Jean, I am soooo...)
Quote:

OH, Jean, I am soooo glad you tried it and liked it. This is such a fave around here.
What wine did you have with it???

Where is that recipe!!!
I'll bet a Rioja or a pinot noir would be delicious with it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow YUM!!!! And love that shot
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by DFen911 (Wow YUM!!!! And love...)
I don't remember which wine we did have with it...maybe Sharon does.

Bill, all you do is separate the Pillsbury refrigerated crescent triangle into squares and seal the perforations to make one layer rectangle and lay on a baking sheet. I just sliced the round of camembert horizontally into rounds and fitted them onto the dough, topped with another 2 cresents and seal well. Baked 350 till nicely browned. I made two (using all 8 of the rolls and spread one with some of the basil jelly with the cheese - that was a good combination.

We could do this with pizza dough also,I'll bet. Oh, yes, cut into individual rounds, fill and bake and serve on a mushroom and spinach saute????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cis's Camembert Strudel by cjs (I don't remember whi...)
We use the small round (@ 6") I think, and set up the crescent roll triangles to make a circle, top and bottom and then seal and bake. James like to cut an X to open the top and the warm cheese oozes out so nice, then we top it with the spinach mushroom sauté. This works with any kind of wash rind type cheese, we even have done it with Limburger
Cis
Empress for Life