What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I guess Sharon and I will see what's in the respective fridges....Marilee sent me home with 2 beautiful bags of frozen trout, but I ain't sharin' Sharon. I love people who love to fish, but don't care the eat them!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We bought a 7&1/2 lb pork loin on sale (for us) at $1.99/lb. We are cutting and freezing thick pork chops--saving two for tonight. We will serve with cabbage and tomatoes.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by Old Bay (We bought a 7&1/2 lb...)
Pumpkin ravioli with an alfredo sauce topped with crispy procuitto and peas. Salad too as the package of ravioli isn't terribly large (and we need to eat more raw veggies).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by Trixxee (Pumpkin ravioli with...)
I have no idea, but dessert will be Stove Top Apple Crisp from C@H Weeknight Menus. The local apples this year are fabulous!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by Lorraine (I have no idea, but ...)
Love to hear how your dish turns out, Trixxee!
I haven't made an apple crisp forever - did pick up two beautiful peaches at the farmers mkt. Sunday and had one for breakfast yesterday and will have the other this a.m. - why didn't we pick up more???

and, the wine will be, Mr. Bill???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by cjs (Love to hear how you...)
Not a fresh peach to found here! Thought I was adding regular pecans, but added ones he had fried in his homemade 5 spice blend. Should be interesting!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The restaurant is closed today so I'm going down this am to make some pepper jam. I'll also roast off and prepare some beets for a Dave Nelson first course - mmmmmmmm. I'll have to see what's up after that.

We'll be watching for you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by cjs (Love to hear how you...)
Quote:

Love to hear how your dish turns out, Trixxee!

If it turns out photogenic, you know I'll post a pic on FB!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm making the roasted Ratatouille with chicken thighs and soft polenta from the first CAH Weeknights book
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 10/25?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making the roast...)
Sharon, are you putting her to work in the kitchen? She'd have a blast!