What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16?
  Re: (...)
What's for Sunday dinner??

We're having chicken sandwiches and split a humungous artichoke from somewhere in Everett earlier this week. Split one yesterday and it's amazing how much flavor is lost with commercial picking. Ours were so flavorful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by cjs (What's for Sunday di...)
Wiener Schnitzel with a side of Apple-Cabbage slaw and Bavarian Dreamsicle for dessert. It's a German themed dinner, so naturally I have to make dessert.
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by losblanos1 (Wiener Schnitzel wit...)
We were going to make crab cakes but I have come down with the worst cough and it's literally exhausting me. I have no energy. So Tony found some sauce with italian sausages in it in the freezer so it will be pasta.
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by losblanos1 (Wiener Schnitzel wit...)
Wiener Schnitzel = Austrian.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by labradors (Wiener Schnitzel = A...)
I hope you're better soon, Ttrixee! Since we had the kielbaqsa and kraut last night, tonight is pot roast. Leftover Apple Bread Pudding and sauce for dessert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by labradors (Wiener Schnitzel = A...)
Close enough.
It is a popular part of Viennese, Austrian and German Cuisine- from Wikipedia
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by losblanos1 (Close enough. [img]/...)
Hey, what's up with you So. Californians??? You (sorry, Trixxee) and Denise both getting colds? In your weather?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by cjs (Hey, what's up with ...)
I'm not sure how I got to feeling so poorly! My son had a cold last weekend - mostly stuffiness but no real coughing. It's still hanging around for him. I started with a scratchy throat on Wednesday and then BOOM, yesterday was feeling really bad. Now I'm getting body aches and just feeling lethargic. No fever though!

Hope you feel better too Denise!
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by Trixxee (I'm not sure how I g...)
Pan Roasted Cornish Game Hens from Iss 45. 'cept I'm using two leg and thigh quarters. That's enough for just us two and orzo for a side, not sure about veggie yet.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Sunday Dinner, 10/16? by farnfam (Pan Roasted Cornish ...)
Spareribs, mine without sauce, green beans with browned butter and sage, and smashed reds with smoked paprika. YUM! Love that stuff.

PJ
PJ