What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having today?

I'm grilling burgers - haven't had them for the longest time. Oh, just thought of the C@H pimiento ones from a few years ago. Think I'll look that one up again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
We'll have to see what goodies we get at the LA Farmer's Market.

Love those bacon pimento cheese burgers. (Yup, there's a picture of them somewhere in my FB photos).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Trixxee (We'll have to see wh...)
and, here's a conversation we had about them - had to look it up to find the issue #. It's #63

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...rt=all&vc=1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Trixxee (We'll have to see wh...)
I love love love those bacon pimento burgers.

We're having buffalo chicken mac & cheese and broccoli - at least that is the plan.

It was going to be dinner last night, but the dinner cook didn't show so Tonya and I did the dinner rush - 5 people! ( ) By the time I got the bar cleaned up and got out of there I didn't care about food. I sure hope she shows up today!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Harborwitch (I love love love tho...)
Not a clue. I might maske Chicken Pot Pies in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving (it's not turkey, but it is bird).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Lorraine (Not a clue. I might...)
That's funny, Lorraine.

The children are at the farm for BG's birthday. Chili, cornbread, and apple pie cupcakes are dinner...birthday Girl's request.....all done over a fire. BF was an Eagle Scout and won't do it any other way.....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny, Lorrai...)
I am thinking Hooters Hot Wings. Easy to make and so darn good. Of course that means I need to go get some beer
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by DFen911 (I am thinking Hooter...)
I sure didn't care for the beans that are go with the Pimiento burgrs. Had not made them before, but they were way to vinegary for me. and just kind of blah. won't repeat.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by cjs (I sure didn't care f...)
BG's BF worked really hard on prepping the chili and cornbread. We wound up not crashing their party too much, so I didn't get to taste the chili. But is sure looked and smelled good! Here's BG's BF with his chili, just before he put the lids on added the coals on top of his "ovens". It smelled awesome, and I was so tempted to stay!

[Image: JasonChili.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/8 by Gourmet_Mom (BG's BF worked reall...)
Beautiful Daphne - and the chili looks good . . .. LOL!

Well - we had meatloaf and mac & cheese, sauteed veggies, and garlic bread. . . Tonya made us plates from tonight's special. I got off work in the Pro Shop about 4:30 and we got a few guys in the bar - then we got a crowd! One table had 4 orders of Pig Wings (OMG are they guys popular!).

I got home around 8 - it was a busy crazy fun day all around.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!