What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11?
  Re: (...)
I don't know what happened today (Jean out seeing her aunt, I think?), but I just HAD to come on and brag about dinner. It was nothing special, but it WAS some of my favorite things: Truffle Roasted Chicken, Creamed Corn Casserole, and Fresh Fried Okra! OMG! It was incredible! I can't wait to have it again for lunch tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know what ha...)
Truffle anything sounds good to me!
I found a recipe for Moo Shu pancakes that I just had to try, so I did and I made a spicy Moo Shu Chicken and veggies to go with. Pretty darn good. The pancakes are going to take a few more tries to perfect, but they were excellent
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by farnfam (Truffle anything sou...)
Moo Shu pancakes? That sounds interesting. Tell me more, Cis.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by Gourmet_Mom (Moo Shu pancakes? T...)
Herb roasted chicken legs and steamed broccoli. Easy and tasty.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by esgunn (Herb roasted chicken...)
chicken, chicken, chicken - everywhere!! I had roast one also on Monday for yesterday's dinner, but we had an interesting experience with food yesterday and ended up just having soup for a snack last night.

One of my new acquaintances was married to Greek fellow who had restaurants for years (not necessarily Greek). He died a few years ago and his widow is who I am becoming friends with. Anyway, she also is Greek and is writing a cookbok with his recipes and her family's.

Yesterday she had about 10 of us over and she made many of the dishes and it turned out to be a photo shoot for the cookbook also. It was just fascinating. Loved watching them work. (she has money coming out the gazoo too )The food was just wonderful.

Although, I must say (and I'd only say it here), I didn't really care for her Baklava, I have had better. But, that's o.k., I'd never make it anyway. But, it was quite an experience. AND, I've decided in my next life I'm going to be born rich instead of good looking - I want professionals working on my books!!!!!

Thanks Daphne, for getting this thread going.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by cjs (chicken, chicken, ch...)
Sounds like a really fun day, Jean. It's interesting how Baklava can vary a bit. I knew a Lebanese woman who made the best I'd ever tried.

Last night's dinner was leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and mixed veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by Mare749 (Sounds like a really...)
We had linguine with clams. It was good and garlicky.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by Trixxee (We had linguine with...)
Daph, for the Moo Shu Wrappers:
Here's the recipe I used, it was a little tricky, but I'm sure it'll get easier next time. Also, I did add a pinch of salt to recipe

http://www.brannyboilsover.com/2011/08/1...-wrappers/
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by farnfam (Daph, for the Moo Sh...)
Well isn't that interesting! I want to give that a try some time.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tuesday, 10/4/11? by Gourmet_Mom (Well isn't that inte...)
does sound interesting, thanks Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com