What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Just want to thank Maryann for mentioning making focaccia out of the sourdough pizza dough - oh my, I can hardly stay out of it. We'll make sandwiches with l/o smoked brisket from "after the 4th party" with caramelized onions...if we can stay out of the bread....

[Image: SourdoughPizzaFocaccia.jpg]

and I love baking it the "Cuban" way - cold oven, turn to 400° for 30 minutes - perfect!!
[Image: SourdoughPizzaFocaccia2.jpg]

Thanks, Maryann!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I could eat that whole thing right now.

Pantry cooking today - chicken chili and Marie Callendar's corn bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by Trixxee (I could eat that who...)
Trixxee, do you have an original chicken chili recipe....for the Pantry Cookbook?????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight it's Clam Chowder, smoked salmon crostini, lemon poached prawns with remoulade. Dessert will be pumpkin caramel bars. I have a lot of time on my hands today
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Clam Ch...)
Nice meal, Blane! Makin' me hungry!

I made a meatloaf today and was going to make some Cuban bread, but Holly called and invited us over for drinks, apps, and chili. Who could say no to that? So, dough is resting in the frig, along with the meatloaf.

Jean, I'm so glad you like the focaccia bread, but I actually got the idea from an Italian cooking website, and the recipe for Cuban bread came from Cubangirl. All I really did was take her recipe/method (which I use frequently) and make a focaccia with it.

BTW, your sandwich idea sounds amazing! Yummm!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by Mare749 (Nice meal, Blane! M...)
Looks good, Jean.

Funny story. A few weeks ago, a friend told William he was bringing him a food processor. He got so excited, he bought a ton of cabbage to make slaw. When his friend got there, it turns out it's an old meat grinder...LOL! No slaw, but we now own a meat grinder.

That said, we're grinding meat for burgers . Sweet potato fries and slaw on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by cjs (Trixxee, do you have...)
Quote:

Trixxee, do you have an original chicken chili recipe....for the Pantry Cookbook?????????????

Well, sort of, not really. LOL. I just throw together what I have. Tonight it was one large onion and 3 garlic cloves, chili powder, cumin, S&P and oregano, 4 boneless chicken breasts chopped, one small can of fire roasted green chiles, 1 can diced tomatoes undrained(should have used 2), 2 cans of pinto beans, undrained. Thickened with a little masa near the end. Top with sour cream and cilantro. It was pretty darn good though!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Chicken and Sausage Ragu from one of the weeknight menus books. Pretty tasty.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 10/2?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixee that sounds so good.

I came home from a looooonnnnnnnngggggggg day to find Bob fixing hot wings. I made some bleu cheese dressing and that was dinner! Too tired for much more.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!