T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30?
  Re: (...)
Wow, the last day of another month!!! What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're making a Cash & Carry run, so will stop off at Silverdales Brewery Restaurant - it's so fun and good eating there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by cjs (Wow, the last day of...)
I have a beautiful piece of grassfed beef in the fridge that I think I'll put in a Asian marinade for the grill. I'm kinda craving some Asian - rice and . . . if I'm not working.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by cjs (Wow, the last day of...)
No idea, yet. We're headed to the West Side Market, so I'm sure something will look good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by Harborwitch (I have a beautiful p...)
Quote:

I have a beautiful piece of grassfed beef in the fridge that I think I'll put in a Asian marinade for the grill. I'm kinda craving some Asian - rice and . . . if I'm not working.

We did this the other night with a Vietnamese marinade (soy, sesame oil, ginger, sake, garlic). Very good.

Tonight I'm kind of off the hook because my husband's going to a hockey game. I may still make some pasta with some frozen meat sauce to save him from a high priced hot dog.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I picked up a piece of tenderloin and a potato. I've got salad in the fridge. But Asian with fried rice sure sounds good. Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up a piece ...)
"Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think"- not if you have some chicken pieces thawed out. But, it's what 7:30 there? (it's 4:30 here)

Look what I found at Trader Joe's, haven't seen one of these for a couple years. Oh boy!
[Image: brusselssprouts.jpg]

Brussels sprout time in P.A. Also picked up some firm tofu - you tofu users, is that what I'm supposed to look for? I don't use tofu enough to remember. I want to make a hot/sour soup sometime this weekend with some of Billy's chicken with ginger. Is this what I want?

Also, picked up a contaner of White bean and basil Hummus...sounded good. Other than a couple of bottles of sparkly, we were good this visit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by cjs ("Only thing is that ...)
Tofu ignorant here. I just went with regular steak. When I do my Korean Beef, I want full flavor. I've got plenty left to do that next week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by cjs ("Only thing is that ...)
Quote:

"Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think"- not if you have some chicken pieces thawed out. But, it's what 7:30 there? (it's 4:30 here)

Look what I found at Trader Joe's, haven't seen one of these for a couple years. Oh boy!
[Image: brusselssprouts.jpg]

Oh Jean!!! WOW! I hope that the local fruit stands and farmers' markets will have them. I love the fact that you can just put the stalk in a cold place and cut the sprouts off as you need them for a week or so. Envy!!1

Brussels sprout time in P.A. Also picked up some firm tofu - you tofu users, is that what I'm supposed to look for? I don't use tofu enough to remember. I want to make a hot/sour soup sometime this weekend with some of Billy's chicken with ginger. Is this what I want?

Also, picked up a contaner of White bean and basil Hummus...sounded good. Other than a couple of bottles of sparkly, we were good this visit.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Jean - I have the same picture of TJ's sprouts somewhere on FB. LOL. Our local store must not have them quite yet - I was there yesterday and didn't see them (and they are hard to miss)!