Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29
  Re: (...)
Tomorrow will be 2 years since we lost Billy J - funny how long you think you can pick up the phone with a piece of hot gossip and no one to dial.

I thought we might start the thread early today so some can have the chance to think about maybe making something from Billy's book.

I never did make Roast Chicken with Ginger (page 31), that I can remember, anyway. So, I'm doing that one - no way will I have the God-awful Navy Rum he liked, but with these flavors, I will have some of Trader Joe's Sparkling Sake.

Continue to Rest in Peace, Billy J - you are still missed.

Well, Billy would have loved this and had something funny to say - somehow my calendar says 9/29....but his book says 9/28. Crap, so a day late and a dollar short, we can commemorate the anniversary. And, whatever he would have said, I'm sure he would have been sent to his room.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by cjs (Tomorrow will be 2 y...)
Most definitely....LOL,

Wow, I can't believe it's been two years. I might try the flour less cake(p. 15). I've always wanted to try one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by Gourmet_Mom (Most definitely....L...)
Thanks for posting this, Jean. I'm going to peruse the memorial cookbook and pick something out.

You could send him to his room, just for old times sake
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by farnfam (Thanks for posting t...)
I had a feeling Billy's anniversary was coming up soon. Just made the Roast Chicken with Ginger this past week. It's one of my favorites. I'm going to get out the book right now and pick out something to make tomorrow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by cjs (Tomorrow will be 2 y...)
OMG!!! I've been feeling something "off" all day - and he's been in my thoughts!

One of Billy's favorites was Sugar Brown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake. I've got a couple more ideas - but have to see where work is and time. I have everything for the Banana Cake and can make it down at the restaurant while I'm in the Pro Shop!

Jean you have no idea how many times I've picked up the phone and . . . . of course there are all the times his old cell phone "butt dials" me. I swear, if it calls me tomorrow I'm going to freak!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by Harborwitch (OMG!!! I've been fe...)
Hard to believe it's TWO years, already. I was thinking it was one.

We all still miss you, Billy.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by Harborwitch (OMG!!! I've been fe...)
Jean, send Billy to his room with Labs, me and your chicken--rum for Billy, wine for me. Labs?

Miss you my friend!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by Old Bay (Jean, send Billy to ...)
Quote:

Labs?

Amontillado Sherry, please.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I didn't get a chance to get to know Billy very well but he's obviously missed and very well loved here.
  Re: Re: Tomorrow's Dinner - Rembering Billy 9/29 by Trixxee (I didn't get a chanc...)
I finally did a search on the Roasted Chicken with Ginger and now I remember the story - Billy sent the recipe to me in an email May of 2007!! And, I made it right away, but I had forgotten all about it until I saw the picture I took back then. darn, I hate when I forget a good one!!

[Image: GINGERCHICKEN-1.jpg]

It was so good and I got some pieces left to play with this weekend. All these flavors added to a hot/sour soup sound good too. hmmmm....

I'll probably have to rely on Maryann mentioning it in What's for Dinner threads to remember it again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com