What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Got screwed up yesterday, so will have the Spaghetti and Meatballs today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Store had 1/2 price steak sale yesterday so I picked up some thin cut rib eyes. Will make grilled Korean steaks. Also sauteed napa cabbage and jasmine rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by Trixxee (Store had 1/2 price ...)
Yay! We have sunshine today! Going out in a while for the afternoon, so we'll probably just get something while we're out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by Mare749 (Yay! We have sunshi...)
Somebody was talking about country fried steak yesterday....I do so love the stuff! So that and mashers and peas are dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Somebody was talking...)
I think it is salsa chicken in the crock pot. Served over rice with cheese, tomatoes, more salsa and sourcream. Or maybe in corn tortillas with refried beans, red onion, cillantro and lime.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by esgunn (I think it is salsa ...)
We're having a sort-of Mediterranean stir-fry over a lemon pilaf. I love all of the flavors, so I hope they work well together!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by karyn (We're having a sort-...)
Erin, have you checked out Pioneer Woman this week? She did something in her cooking section that I think the kids would enjoy. And, I'm betting you could modify it to use a crockpot chili recipe. The cool part was how she see served her chili. She called it Frito Chili Pie.....not sure why "pie"? Anyway, the fun part was at the end she slit the sides of individual Fritos bags and added some chili, chess, and stuff right in the bag and served with plastic forks. FUN!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, have you check...)
I did see it Daphne! And even though I have never had frito pie, I have been craving it! Thought about it today when I was in the store. Maybe in a week or so.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by esgunn (I did see it Daphne!...)
I'm have that idea in one of the new books.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 9/27?? by cjs (I'm have that idea ...)
Is your recipe in the bag, Jean.
Daphne