What's for Dinner, Sept. 12?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I didn't get a chance to do the latest review dinner, so doing it today - I'll be a few hours late.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having chicken as well, but it's a whole bird going in the rotisserie oven. Sides will be roasted new potatoes and brussel sprouts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by Mare749 (We're having chicken...)
I'm thinking roasted tomato soup with the Italian grilled cheese sandwich.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by HomeCulinarian (I'm thinking roasted...)
Either leftover meatloaf and potates or the curry chicken noodle soup from the new issue. Whatever we don't have tonight we'll have tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by Trixxee (Either leftover meat...)
Country style pork ribs in green chili enchilada sauce, threw in some butter beans, a side of brocolli. Cornmeal/cherry/pistachio biscotti for desssert.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by Lorraine (Country style pork r...)
I didn't make the pesto chicken melts last night, so that's what I'm making tonight. The recipe calls out for sun-dried tomato pesto, which my wife didn't care for, I'll make her a basil pesto instead.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by losblanos1 (I didn't make the pe...)
Please let us know how you like the recipe, Blane.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by Mare749 (Please let us know h...)
I've made this a couple of times now and I think it's very tasty. I would recommend toasting the bun though, it seemed "soggy" not toasted. I also cut the sun dried tomato pesto in half, and I used gruyere cheese. I had never had gruyere cheese before so I wanted to try it. Talk about sticker shock, that aint cheap cheese. Fortunately, it tastes great.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by losblanos1 (I've made this a cou...)
No, gruyere is not cheap but if you can pick it up at Trader Joe's it softens the grocery store price blow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sept. 12? by Trixxee (No, gruyere is not c...)
Thanks for the tip Trixxee, there's a Trader Joe's less than 2 miles from my house. Doh!