T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

My duck thawed quickly, so I'm finishing it up today and play with duck all weekend. Oh boy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Planning on a little dinner picnic on HMS Sunflower. Seems likes it's going to be the last good boat day. A little sad to see summer slipping away.
On the menu are those eggplant stacks with the roasted pepper and Gorgonzola. A little wine of course, and maybe we'll do a bit of fishing.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by farnfam (Planning on a little...)
Just saw what I'm adding to the smoker today from the Honey newsletter - sounds so yummy!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Smoked Honey Ice Cream

5 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 vanilla bean -- split
1/3 cup smoked honey -- or to taste*

To prepare ice cream base, beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl; reserve. Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan; scrape vanilla seeds into mixture, then add whole vanilla bean. Bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low. Temper egg mixture with a little of the hot liquid. Slowly whisk tempered egg mixture into the saucepan.

Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Cool. Remove vanilla bean. Pour ice cream base into ice cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Add smoked honey after the mixture begins to thicken.

Notes: Yield will depend upon the amount of air a particular ice cream maker incorporates into the ice cream.

*Smoke honey over pecan chips at a low temperature for about 1-1/2 hours.

NOTES : If you want to make a fancy, melt-in-your-mouth (literally) dessert for your friends, this is the recipe for you. The smoked honey gives this sweetener an even deeper flavor profile while also giving the ice cream a smoother mouthfeel. Ice creams using honey generally have a lower freezing temperature, which results in an ice cream free of grainy ice crystals
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by cjs (Just saw what I'm ad...)
Going to bake a Home Run Inn frozen pizza tonight with a side salad that includes lots of tomato! Then we're going dancing!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by HomeCulinarian (Going to bake a [url...)
Those pizzas sure look good
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by farnfam (Those pizzas sure lo...)
We're having company tonight, so doing 4 different pizzas on the grill and I'll make a big chopped salad to go with.

Edited to add: made marinated fresh veggies instead of salad as they are so nice for nibbling. Also made a fresh fruit salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by Mare749 (We're having company...)
I'm thinking burgers, sweet potato fries and watermelon.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by Trixxee (I'm thinking burgers...)
It's just me and Cricket....the boys are at the camp. We're having steak, baked taters and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by Gourmet_Mom (It's just me and Cri...)
Steak & potatoes here also. Pan fried filet mignons with a port wine sauce & bleu cheese. The side is grilled steak fries w/ bacon, cheddar cheese and a dijon/mayo dipping sauce. I've made both these recipes many times and they are delicious. I've never made them together, I hope they compliment each other, but if not, who cares. I'm hungry. Bon Appetit everyone and Happy labor day!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/2? by losblanos1 (Steak & potatoes her...)
We found lobster at $7.95/lb--we are having lobster tonight and will use leftover lobster for a lobster roll Sunday brunch!! It's hot and dry here but the lobster is a bargain!!! And sooooooooooo good!! I feel badly that I am taking advantage of a New England lobsterman, but at least we are a market for them. Our beef is going away, so we're all in this together.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".