Lemon Loaf Bread
  Re: (...)
I am known for being able to find great recipes. This is another request. William's secretary/right hand (wo)man's MIL has requested a recipe for this by September 7th for an event. Does anybody have a tried and true? Willing to experiment? Have a suggestion SHE could test with probable success?

Thanks in advance!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by Gourmet_Mom (I am known for being...)
Found this on the AllRecipies website. Sounds good and there are comments from people who have tried it below. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-loaf/detail.aspx
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by HomeCulinarian (Found this on the Al...)
OMG, Daphne - back in the 60s (can you believe it?) I made a Lemon Bubble Loaf that was out of this world. Then I lost the recipe and found it again when we moved up here. Have not made it again, but I'll get it and type it up.

I remember the day I made it - We lived in a dinky trailer at the time and I had the dough resting on some kind of mat (that I'd picked up at a Tupperware party) on the kitchen table. Tracie was 1 1/2-2 yrs. old and she pulled the whole thing down over her head! I scraped it off and continued on with her screaming and me making little "bubbles" of dough. Then dumped her in the tub.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by cjs (OMG, Daphne - back i...)
Hahaha, funny Jean, I can just picture it
Sorry to hear your back is hurting, Daph. Hope it's better soon.
I had a recipe for a Lemon Quick Bread you baked it and then made toothpick holes in the top. Then you poured a sweetened lemon juice mixture and it went in the holes. Is that something she might want?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by farnfam (Hahaha, funny Jean, ...)
I'd just send her all of the recipes and let her decide. Thanks, you guys! You're the best!

Jean, that is so funny! I can't believe you went on with it! LOL! I would have surely thrown it out.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by Gourmet_Mom (I'd just send her al...)
Well, looks like it's gone again. I googled hoping I could find it, but no luck. I think it was a BH&G recipe. I found a couple that sounded similar, but I can't be sure. darn, it was so good. If I were to move again, I'd probably find it again, but not gonna happpen. Sorry, Daphne
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by cjs (Well, looks like it'...)
Thanks for trying, Jean.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for trying, J...)
Here's another recipe from epicurious that looks wonderful ... http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...oaf-350989
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by HomeCulinarian (Here's another recip...)
Cis, if you get a chance, could you post yours? Jeannette has posted some good ones, but you've actually made the one you mentioned.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lemon Loaf Bread by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, if you get a ch...)
Yo, Cis! If you get a minute?
Daphne