What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menut for today?

I'll be making leftover dishes with the chicken I roasted yesterday.

yesterday was a full day with testing leftover recipes for basic beef stew - We grazed all dlay.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Going with an oldie but a goodie from Epicurious. Chicken Curry and at the end you add ground up cashews. Very good, very easy. I will use boneless breasts.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ews-231358
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by Trixxee (Going with an oldie ...)
Have one eggplant and a handful of ripe tomatoes, so it's Stacks with Gorgonzola, my version of the Michael Chirarello recipe. Polenta on the side mmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Haqve a huge bag of corn chips, and found a can of hot chili ( hello pantry!!), have grated cheddar cheese, so will make nachos. Have two burger pattiesw. Have some pasta and Puttanesca sauce. Have 3 ears of corn. Have 4 slices of porki loin. A veritable smorgasbord.I really love catering leftovers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by Lorraine (Haqve a huge bag of ...)
I bet you do, Lorraine! I'm making plain old spaghetti. After last night, we ought to skip dinner altogether..LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by Gourmet_Mom (I bet you do, Lorrai...)
I loved those days also, Lorraine - I remember going days with enjoying leftovers!! And, the prime rib I used to bring home from the hotel!!!! Wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by cjs (I loved those days a...)
We had kebabs of grilled chicken, Italian sausage and sage. I served them with brown rice pilaf (I LOVE that Near East box stuff when I'm busy) and green beans. Overall a pretty tasty dinner.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by karyn (We had kebabs of gri...)
We also are having Spaghetti tonight. Made a big batch to freeze leftovers.

No gymnastics this week so I will have some time to cook. But, Steve also deploys for two months on Thursday so there won't be much fancy cooking. A few of his favorites.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by esgunn (We also are having S...)
Poor Erin. My heart goes out to you.

I made stuffed peppers using the C@H meatloaf muffin recipe for the filler and some beautiful peppers I picked up at the market on campus. I served that on quinoa mixed with summer squash and lots of fresh ground pepper. I am trying to work around the seasonal veges I can get at the market.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Monday - 8/22? by chef_Tab (Poor Erin. My heart ...)
Oh, Erin, my heart goes out to you as well! I've been thinking about you all week. You and your family will be close in my thoughts and prayers during the next two months.

Theresa, it's so nice to see you! And your dinner sounds delicious.

We had margherita pizza on the grill tonight with a chopped Italian salad. As usual, it was delicious!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."