A Book For Us!!
  Re: (...)
Talking to my sister this a.m. we were going on and on about The Help and she mentioned a book that she wants me to read - I just looked it up on Amazon and I've already ordered it.

Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral, by Kris Radish - Let me tell you I teared up just reading the description!!

Book Description
Publication Date: January 31, 2006
For Katherine Givens and the four women about to become her best friends, the adventure begins with a UPS package. Inside is a pair of red sneakers filled with ashes and a note that will forever change their lives. Katherine’s oldest and dearest friend, the irrepressible Annie Freeman, left one final request–a traveling funeral–and she wants the most important women in her life as “pallbearers.”

From Sonoma to Manhattan, Katherine, Laura, Rebecca, Jill, and Marie will carry Annie’s ashes to the special places in her life. At every stop there’s a surprise encounter and a small miracle waiting, and as they whoop it up across the country, attracting interest wherever they go, they share their deepest secrets–tales of broken hearts and second chances, missed opportunities and new beginnings. And as they grieve over what they’ve lost, they discover how much is still possible if only they can unravel the secret Annie left them....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Book For Us!! by cjs (Talking to my sister...)
Sounds interesting - and bonus; it's available on Audible.com! As soon as I finish the book I'm reading I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by Harborwitch (Sounds interesting -...)
Thanks Jean, I'll go check it out. I wonder how Denise is liking Four Kitchens....hmmm....what to read next...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I'll go...)
I'm loving Four Kitchens - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Loved The Help today, also - LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!

My entertainment world is fabulous this weekend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by cjs (I'm loving Four Kitc...)
You might want to check out -

http://bookblatherblog.blogspot.com/

kinda goes with this thread.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by cjs (You might want to ch...)
I did! Nice article, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by Mare749 (I did! Nice article...)
Sounds good, Jean. I haven't read a book in so long, it's embarrasing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: A Book For Us!! by cjs (Talking to my sister...)
Well I may not have gotten the gel mat, but I did pick up a copy of "The Help" at BJ's. They also had "A Stolen Life" but I have problems with reading books I have a feeling are going to make me sad. And this is non-fiction.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by BarbaraS (Well I may not have ...)
"A Stolen Life" - haven't heard of this one. Let us know how you like it. I've already bought 6 books this month (3 cookbooks, and 3 others).
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Book For Us!! by cjs ("A Stolen Life" - ha...)
Jean,

It's Jaycee Dugard's autobiography - the girl who was kidnapped and held for 18 years. I'm really not into reading it.

But I'm looking at "Four Kitchens" on Amazon and it's looking good. I also want to order "Priceless" by Robert Wittman. He spent his life chasing down and returning priceless stolen works of art.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.