Question for Jean regarding pizza dough
  Re: (...)
How long can pizza dough sit out before it has to be refrigerated? I always have to figure out approximately what time we are going to use it so that it's not "over risen" I don't like putting it in the frig because it takes forever to "feel right" again.

For example, if I want to make the dough at 9 a.m., but won't use it until 5 or 6 p.m., would I have to refrigerate and if so, what time would I take it out?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Question for Jean regarding pizza dough by Mare749 (How long can pizza d...)
What I normally do, but keep in mind me being retired, is take it out first thing in the a.m. and when it reaches the point I like to work with, I shape it to a round on a screen, wrap and refrigerate until about 1 hour before making the pizza.

Otherwise, as long as I have 4 or 5 hours to allow it out of frig, I go with also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question for Jean regarding pizza dough by cjs (What I normally do, ...)
Thanks Jean, that's exactly what I'm going to do right now. It's only 2:30 here and we're not eating until about 7 tonight because Bob is helping Ron put in linoleum today and they probably won't be finished much before that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."