How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here
  Re: (...)
Since we all seem to like a good burger once in a while, I thought it would be fun to start a new thread for creative burger ideas.

We usually just use plain ol' ground chuck for our burgers. As much as Ron loves meat, he does not like an oversized burger. He likes it 4 to 5 oz. and not too tightly packed. Sometimes we use ground turkey, ground lamb, or venison.

I don't usually add much seasoning except for a little salt and pepper. Sometimes I sprinkle worc sauce instead. The only time I add other seasonings is when I make C@H's "gyro" burgers and we love those.

Does anyone here make a pizza burger? I would love a recipe...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Mare749 (Since we all seem to...)
I guess I'm a purist when it comes to burgers and a traditionalist. Love to grind my own meat and make a bacon cheese (American )burger with lots of raw onions (not a fan of grilled onions on a burger) with mustard, pepper and lots of iceberg lettuce.

That to me is ambrosia. Not a huge pattie either.

Am I contradicting myself after having just posted the wonderful quesadilla burger???? But, I think of it as not really a burger burger.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by cjs (I guess I'm a purist...)
I like a regular burger, usually with mayo, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard. From time to time I'll add blue cheese and bacon. I could have sworn I had made a pizza burger, but I can't seem to find it right now. I'll check the index, since I'm thinking it was a [Email]C@H[/Email] recipe. I remember it was pretty good.

Found it! I even reviewed it. Meat Lover Pizza Burgers with Provolone
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Gourmet_Mom (I like a regular bur...)
I like ground chuck, about 15-20% fat. If I grind my meat I like them medium, otherwise done. Salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce worked in the meat, but not too much--6oz or so pattie--no cheese. Ballpark yellow mustard both sides, sliced tomato,sliced sweet onion, dill pickle slices, iceburg lettuce. Potato chips. Poppyseed hamburger bun. Zinfandel or a diet coke.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Old Bay (I like ground chuck,...)
Pretty basic here (though a pimento cheese/bacon burger is hard to pass up). 80% ground chuck seasoned with S&P, slice of cheddar or american (no more 2% cheese on burgers here - it just disappears). Lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled onions (or no onions), and 1000 Island.
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Trixxee (Pretty basic here (t...)
cooked rare and I forgot the tomato slice, but only in the summer when they are so good! Ball park mustard here, too.

C@H pimiento cheeseburger was darn good - crap, I guess I'm not stuck being a purist after all. I'll go back to sleep now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by cjs (cooked rare and I fo...)
My 2nd favorite is the same meat but with with Swiss cheese, blu cheese crumbles, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, mayo, open faced.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Old Bay (My 2nd favorite is t...)
Totally forgot! I use 80/20 and season with Lawry's, granulated garlic, and pepper.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by Gourmet_Mom (Totally forgot! I u...)
As others have already said, chuck, chuck, chuck. Sirloin is for steaks, NOT burgers.

My two favourite burgers are the Tamarind-Glazed Turkey Burgers (probably best to wait on these, unless you grind the turkey yourself, given the current recall) and my own JalapeƱo Beerburger.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How do you like your burger?--post your ideas here by labradors (As others have alrea...)
We usually go for a 70/30 count beef, but lately have been using ground turkey/chicken (trying to eat healthy).

His: American cheese, raw onion, tomato, banana peppers or pickled jalapenos

Mine: Fried onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo, Gruyere/Swiss
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.