What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25??
  Re: (...)
So, what is everyone having today?

Just found out our houseguest (Kelly) likes oysters, but because Brent and Travis are such picky da-- eaters, she never has them. So thawed some out overnight and we'll do another deep fry for her for brunch this a.m. Onions rings, etc.

Dinner - have no idea yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by cjs (So, what is everyone...)
Will decided to stay over another day, and he LOVES pasta dishes. So I'm making one of his favorites, Baked Penne with Italian Sausage and Tomatoes. It has LOTS of cheese and luckily, my little Basils are big enough, I can grab (can't believe sn*tch is censored...LOL ) a couple of leaves which makes this dish SO much better.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Will decided to stay...)
Tonight it's leftover stuffed shells, unless I save those for tomorrow night as Tony took some for lunch too. He might get sick of them three meals in a row.

If I do do something else, it'll probably be something chicken-y and asian-y.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Trixxee (Tonight it's leftove...)
We're going to Holly's for a cook-out. I'm taking a Margherita pizza to cut up into little squares for an app. Not sure what else she is going to have as she was at the store when she called.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Mare749 (We're going to Holly...)
WAYYYY OT (So unless you're interested in all of the boring details of my life, slip the next paragraph!!)

It was a crazy day in Atlanta...DS closed on his condo (a Fannie Mae foreclosure) unexpectedly on Friday. The painter (much needed!) could fit him in today so that David and his roommate can move in this coming weekend. Somehow, the only key to the place was lost between 8:00 last night and 6:30 this morning. (Yes, he knows he should have made a copy immediately!) DS called me in a panic, and asked me what to do. I told him to call a locksmith, which he did, but he's in a new job so isn't comfortable taking time off, and had lunch scheduled with his boss and the CEO. I did the mommy to the rescue thing, and handled meeting everyone at the condo after picking up the door passcard. By 11:30, the deadbolt had been re-keyed and the painter was getting tons done, but I had to go back to the lake to close up the house. I finally made it home about 2:15, and began working on what I had planned for the day.

Dinner tonight was yummy and easy...a grilled muffaletta sandwich on sourdough (totally nontraditional, but I highly recommend it) and salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by karyn (WAYYYY OT (So unless...)
Karyn, you're a good Mommy! Talking about kids....OS helped wash windows today, finish the porch so that it looks more like a room than a storage room. Move some old antiques into the house to save them...cleaning, polishing, etc. And right now he's doing my dishes! I'm soooo going to miss him! Not just for that, but the conversations we've enjoyed, just the two of us. Saturday night was a blast, don't get me wrong...2 plus one (long time bf)...but my time with Will has been very special. I'm looking forward to his next visit....and no projects...LOL! I hope it will be soon.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, you're a good...)
Karyn, I love hearing what everyone else is doing. And you are one terrific mom helping your son out today! (We can all remind him when it get close to your birthday...)

Daphne, your Will sounds like a gem! Glad you had such a terrific weekend.

I may as well share some happy times. Our girls and their hubbies have all been helping us with our rental property. It needed some major work recently and they have willingly pitched in. Makes me so proud.

We had a fun cook-out at Holly's this afternoon. Gin and tonics, wings and salad, nice and easy. Then, we all played "Quirkle." Pretty good game. We can finally start enjoying our summer now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Mare749 (Karyn, I love hearin...)
Yea! Maryann and family is starting to have a summer! You still have a couple weeks left! I have a pile of windows left to wash, but I'm determined to wrap that up tomorrow. They're all overlooking the deck, so it's a cinch. Although, I hate washing windows without a partner....LOL! Takes me twice as long going in and out due to finding places I missed. But that's finally it! I've got three weeks left and I plan to make the most of it. I need to get some cooking plans together and just kick back and relax again.

We are planning to go to the mountains this weekend to see YS and GF. Then they are planning a trip here in 3 weeks! Hopefully, some of the other kids will be able to come stay while he's here. It sure would be great to have them all together again. It's been a long time. Lots to look forward to! Other than school....LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Yea! Maryann and fa...)
It is fun to hear about everyone's families. I'm glad you and your family are starting summer Maryann! Daphne, Will sounds wonderful, but I really hate windows, too.

I'll be starting a new job at a new school August 5. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll miss the time I've had to get projects completed.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/25?? by karyn (It is fun to hear ab...)
Lots of family time around the neighborhood, sounds like. We've sure enjoyed having our 'adopted' kids here the last few days. They leave today.

Most of my memories about this visit are about food, SURPRISE!! Brent and Travis are the pickiest eaters I have ever been around, but at least over the years Brent has learned if he at leasts tastes everything, I'll leave him alone. But, there were some winners this visit.

I think the most fun was the deep frying project yesterday for brunch - Kelly & I were just grabbing everything in the frig and dipping it in the beer batter. Previously grilled onions, I separated, dipped and fried (really good),sliced Kielbasa (everyone loved those with banana ketchup), but the hit of the morning, was dipping chunks of cheddar and jack cheese. Never done those before, but when someone mentioned mozz. sticks or something like that, you know we had to try it. Wow, they are wonderful! NO MORE DEEP FRIED FOOD TO ANOTHER 10 YEARS!! Can't believe we had it twice in 1 1/2 (?) weeks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com