What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23??
  Re: (...)
Pizzas at a lot of places today!!! What's on your menu?

I got into the wine a little early yesterday as I was going thru stacks of recipe ideas, so we ran down the hill picked up bacon cheeseburgers (my, been so long!!) and just had those.

So, brunch today will be the deep fried clams/mussels, oven fries and zucc slaw....champagne?? probably.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by cjs (Pizzas at a lot of p...)
Starting with Jean's Salmon Spread and then our PIZZA PARTY with the kids! I'm soooo excited!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (Starting with Jean's...)
Have fun and enjoy having the kids with you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by cjs (Have fun and enjoy h...)
Thanks, Jean! Off for a hair appointment and a few groceries....crossing fingers to find truffle oil...LOL! Then home to prep for dinner! After that, LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!! I think I'll let the kids do the pizzas! I'll try to get some pics!
Daphne
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by cjs (Pizzas at a lot of p...)
Southern Fried Chicken with fresh Jersey white corn.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by BarbaraS (Southern Fried Chick...)
Quote:

Southern Fried Chicken with fresh Jersey white corn.

Barbara

I just received my 12 can order of Jersey tomatoes. We used two cans last week making Bolognese sauce and two cans yesterday making pizza sauce--they really go fast!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow Bill!! Way to go! I have to try and make some Bolognese sauce some time. I don't think I've ever had it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by BarbaraS (Wow Bill!! Way to g...)
I have a pork loin in the oven - very low heat, double wrapped in foil, pockets stuffed with chopped fresh thyme, oregano, rosemary, and garlic - then rubbed with the same, and salt & pepper. An Israeli couscous salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, olives, feta, fresh herbs will make it complete.

All those pizzas sound really good. I think pizza might be on the menu for tomorrow.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by Harborwitch (I have a pork loin i...)
I posted our dinner on Denise's Mussels thread. Man, was that good!!! Deep fried mussels, plus.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 7/23?? by cjs (I posted our dinner ...)
Finally sitting down! All prep work is done and salmon is chilling to be folded in the Salmon Spread. The kids are doing the rest! WHEW! Just in time for cocktail hour!!!!! I'm good!
Daphne