T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight for everyone?

Roy's working at the winery today, so I have all day to work and no interuptions - so, our dinner will be leftovers of some sort. But, I'm sure craving another ramp pizza.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm not sure. William will be at the farm, so it will be something simple. I can't have my usual Friday night steak, because I'm doing something like that tomorrow night....very special, though. More later!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. Willi...)
tease....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by cjs (tease.... [img]/ubbt...)
Cold boiled chicken with jalapeno slices, scallions and sesame oil. Chopped salad with ginger dressing. Ron will probably want an eggroll to go with. Yum.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by Mare749 (Cold boiled chicken ...)
I want to do something I've not done before and decided on the Jerk Fish Sandwiches w/Remoulade from C@H's Grilling book. The rolls I'll get are a nice size so I don't think we'll need a side. Perhaps a simple salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by Trixxee (I want to do somethi...)
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to go with the Sweet Chili Thai Sauce recipe for the halibut, but I'm using chicken as recommended by Sharon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by Gourmet_Mom (As I mentioned in th...)
Kind of doing what you're doing, Daphne - I have mixed up l/o barley, couscous and added sliced chicken, garbanzo beans and peas and drizzled with the chili sauce mixture. (Roy is still on this high fiber program) Still have some left to do fish or more chicken or something another day.

Forgot to mention - Maryann, I made a version of your grilled veggie sandwich yesterday and it was just wonderful. Instead of humus, I had frozen a small pkg. of the Italian Bean and Bacon salad that I had 'mushed' up for Bruschetta and that's what we used to spread over the bread. Man, it was sure tasty.Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by cjs (Kind of doing what y...)
I have chicken thighs marinating in a teriyaki sauce that he made, will grill them later. Have some brocolli crowns, so I think I will concoct a dish using some of the grape tomato that are coming in fast and furious. I found 2 yard long red beans yesterday, and will hunt under the tomatoes for more.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by cjs (Kind of doing what y...)
I have got to search for that recipe. We loved that salad so much.

That fish with the Sweet Chili Thai Sauce sounds awfully good. I have chicken too.

My first thought is the stir fried cabbage - That sounds really good too, but requires a trip to town and I want to wait to go to the Farmers' Market tomorrow.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F.What's for Dinner, 7/15 by Harborwitch (I have got to search...)
Okay it was lunch, not dinner, but I just had to share a home run lunch.

We had left over pasta with the garlic scapes. I added some diced BBQ pork (from our goodie bags from Jean) to a hot pan with some peanut oil, then tossed in the pasta and stir fried it until it was hot. It was pretty darn good but we had to gild the lilly.

Tabasco has a new sauce "Sweet & Spicy". It's like sweet chili sauce with a tabasco kick! We dumped a bunch of that on the pasta and with the garlic flavor from the scapes and the BBQ pork it was perfect.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!