What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I held back some of the beautiful asparagus Bob & Sharon brought us, so we'll grill that with???? not sure. Maybe some leftover meatballs with a little pasta - sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It is sooooo hot today, I'm not sure. Spaghetti would be easy, but I'm not sure I want that. I may just do some chicken sammies with the leftover chicken from last night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (It is sooooo hot tod...)
Shredded beef taco's, brisket is in the crockpot. Daphne relief is on the way with regards to the heat. We were down to 64 last night and our highs will only be in the mid 80's which means this cool weather will be working it's way to you soon!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by DFen911 (Shredded beef taco's...)
I sure hope so! The heat index is supposed to be around 115 today! I'm planning on hibernating in my air conditioned bedroom today!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I sure hope so! The...)
Yeah, AC is my friend today, too, and tomorrow is supposed to be at least as hot again. The silver lining is that summer storms are supposed to return tomorrow as well. We sure need the rain!

We're trying Romaine and Chicken Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette. The dressing is made and is really tasty, so I hope this is a keeper.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by karyn (Yeah, AC is my frien...)
That sounds really good, Karyn. I'm hoping for the rain, too. It's supposed to be cooler by the weekend, thankfully!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds really g...)
The salad was delicious, and different from the numerous chicken salads we eat all summer. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by karyn (The salad was delici...)
Oh, I already copied it from the site you posted...LOL! Just waiting for a positive reaction!
Daphne
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It was a long day - although it went fast (mine flew 'cause I was happily designing a spreadsheet for the RV park) it was looooooonnnnnnngggggg. Bob's been up since 4:30 so he's whupped.

We grabbed a sammie when we went to town this afternoon so it was a late lunch. We're contemplating dinner . . . and it isn't looking like either of us are terribly interested. I had planned a salad with bleu cheese dressing and a grilled steak sliced on top. . . maybe we'll just tap our "goodie bags" from the party!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!