What's for dinner, 7/11/11?
  Re: (...)
Wow! I just realized nobody started the thread. I couldn't let that happen...LOL! I guess Jean, Roy, Sharon, and Bob are stuffed to the gills and still eating leftovers...LOL!

I'm trying Pioneer Woman's Homemade Chicken Strips. I hope the method she describes works like it looks! We're having mashers and peas to go with! And I'll make some Honey Mustard, of course.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! I just realize...)
OMG nobody had dinner tonight!!!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by DFen911 (OMG nobody had dinne...)
Burp!

We're home - we're stuffed . . . still. OMG!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by Harborwitch (Burp! [br][br]We're...)
We had leftovers from the party Saturday and leftovers from my in-laws yesterday, so once again, an assortment of tapas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by Mare749 (We had leftovers fro...)
We had grilled chicken sandwiches topped with caramelized onions and a jalapeno-cheddar spread. It's one of my favorite combos this summer. Yum!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by karyn (We had grilled chick...)
I'll have to try that one, Karyn. Sounds really good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by Mare749 (I'll have to try tha...)
We had grilled cheese sandwich and stale tortilla chips.... Glad you started this thread, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by cjs (We had grilled chees...)
LOL! Hey, fwiw, the chicken strips turned out great! William was so impressed, he's going to use the same method for frying chicken for the boys at the camp this week. VERY crunchy!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Hey, fwiw, the...)
Pioneer woman - guess I'll have to look for it and get the recipe. Can't have too many chic recipes
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, 7/11/11? by cjs (Pioneer woman - gues...)
Jean, it's not really a recipe but a method. You soak the chicken in the buttermilk for 15-20 minutes, or more. Then for your coating, you add just enough buttermilk to your flour, seasoned how you like it, to make it crumbly. This makes a crumbly coating for your chicken. Then fry it in an inch of oil in a hot pan. It is sooooo crispy! Here's her blog about it.
Daphne