Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here!
  Re: (...)
do I talk that much?>???

We have had so much food, I'm so ready for a bowl of tomato soup and crackers... will get some pictures together today, I hope.

Mary, feel better soon.

Sharon's hint of grilled grapes was an appetizer that I didn't do Sat. because we had so darn much food. But, oh my is it ever good! Grill a wedge of Parmesan and Cheddar on a cedar board, then grill grapes, coated with a little olive oil, turning until they have grill makes and serve all together with crackers and bread rounds. My the grilling does something wonderful to grapes, tha's for sure!

[Image: GrilledCheeseandGrapes-1.jpg]

This one was just wonderful!! (more later, of course. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by cjs (do I talk that much...)
I know....I could have sworn I heard crickets in here yesterday...LOL! I couldn't have a conversation by myself.

Wow! I love the cheese on the cedar board idea! I can't wait to try that one! William will LOVE it! And that picture belongs in a magazine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by Gourmet_Mom (I know....I could ha...)
"And that picture belongs in a magazine!"

Or maybe one of Jean's books?

Looks fantastic, Jean. Glad your party was such a success.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by cjs (do I talk that much...)
Jean it looks fabulous!

I am just checking in. It has been a whirl wind month! And I don't see much change happening. Stephanie moved up to level 5 in gymnastics. I know that doesn't mean much to anyone - other than she now goes 4 days a week like the boys do. Of course it is not the same 4 days. We messed with he schedule for one day so we are at gym 5 days a week instead of 6! YUCK. Not sure why we are doing this to ourselves. Evenings Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri and Saturday mornings. I feel like we are never home, and I sure am not cooking anything very interesting these days.

I had a fantastic time in Hawaii. One of the best vacations I have every had - other than my honeymoon! It was myself and three friends. We stayed in a condo in Kihei Maui. I would stay there again in a heart beat. It felt more local and not where the resorts are. We could travel all day and visit all those places but when we got back to our condo it was nice and quiet and peacful. Hardly anyone in the pool. It was great. The weather was perfect too. 86 and breezy. The trade winds did get a little strong the first few days in the afternoon, and there was some sort of South Swell that came in and made the beaches a little crazy in the afternoons the first few days. But we just made our way out to snorkle in the mornings and shopping, hiking, and the pool in the afternoons. We mostly cooked in for dinner. I grilled chicken and we had lots of fresh fruits and local produce. We did eat some fantastic Mahi Mahi tacos from a little place in Lahaina, and we splurged and went to Mama's fish house for dinner. I had Ono for the first time and it was fantastic. it was served with carmalized onion, tomatoes, avacado and jasmin rice, with a saute of baby bok choy and pea pods.
We took a snorkeling tour on a catamaran sail boat to Molokini and to Turtle town. We went snorkeling in Kanapali, Though we migh die on the drive around the north end of the island (at least three miles of switchback one lane roads - for two lanes of traffic!) went to a slack key guitar festival, hiked in La Paruse a nature perserve in the lava fields. It was fantastic.

The morning after I got back Nicky had his tonsiles and adnoids out. Poor little guy. He is just getting back to normal the last few days. That was a rough time for us, but I am so glad we did it.

Stephanie and Chris had tennis camp in the mornings last week and loved it. Nicky relly missed it but was still recovering.

That is about it for us. Sorry so long winded in this post. I just barely have gotten around to looking in here. Wondering what you all have been up to.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by esgunn (Jean it looks fabulo...)
WOW! What a whirlwind month! Lots of ups and downs! I can't believe your crazy schedule! What great parents you are, to give your kids such a fantastic opportunity to pursue their dreams! Your trip sounds spectacular. You sure did pack in a lot of fun stuff. It's good to hear Nicky is better. And it sure is good to see you back!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! What a whirlwi...)
chirp. chirp.Smile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by luvnit (chirp. chirp.:) [img...)
To the top - time to do this again!!!!

Wow, Erin, it's been a whole year since your Hawaiian jaunt!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by cjs (To the top - time to...)
I could have sworn I tried this with seedless grapes. I'm not sure the muscadines will be the same, but I'll be trying it. Thanks, Jean.

Next year, I'll be trying my hand at wine making, I guess. I'll be hitting Roy up for advice, so tell him he's got a year to get ready.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wow! It Has Bee Quiet in Here! by Gourmet_Mom (I could have sworn I...)
Oh Jean those grapes were sooooooo good. I keep thinking about doing them ... gawd I hate working nights.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!