Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken Review
  Re: (...)
Well, if this one is any indication, Issue #88 is gonna be a good one. Just finished up the Juicy Injected Chicken on page 25 and is it ever wonderful. One thing to keep in the back of your mind if you do make this, make some milk gravy out of the drippings. wow!

This is all you need for it – plus the chicken
[Image: InjectioningredientsforChicken.jpg]

Ready to inject – I found I was a little too stingy with the fluid, but I didn’t want to go back and make more injection punches, I used probably 2/3, so it was fine.
[Image: ReadytoinjectChicken.jpg]

Roasted Injected Chicken
[Image: InjectedChickenRoastedJune30.jpg]

and then, after I made the gravy and the chicken was done, and some biscuits made for future sandwiches, how could I not.......
[Image: OpenFaceChickenSandwich2.jpg]

I needed pictures of gravy for another cookbook anyway, so. Man, was this good!

Congratulations, [Email]C@H[/Email], you've hit another home run!

----
The only problem I found was using 1/2 cup (out of 14 oz.) of coconut milk and 1/2 cup (out of 11 oz.) of peach nectar, but quickly found it was no problem at all - I now have some 'sub recipes' to use it all up -

Curiied Chicken & Potato Stew
Spaghetti with Lion's Head Meatballs
Red Curry with shrimp and vegies (off the label)
Chicken Sate w/spicy Peanut Dippiing Sauce
and for the Peach Nectar -
Slow-Roasted Pork Spareribs w/Peach-Mustard Glaze.

Now, I have to get more milk and nectar - geez, round and round we go!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken Review by cjs (Well, if this one is...)
Jean that is just plain cruel
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by DFen911 (Jean that is just pl...)
Denise, I was editing at the same time you were posting - this is so good. Can you tolerate coconut milk?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by DFen911 (Jean that is just pl...)
I guess injecting chicken is safer than trying to snort it.

One of these days, I need to get a flavour injector. I tried using a hypodermic needle from my doctor friend, but it was just to fine a needle to work with the marinade.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by labradors (I guess injecting ch...)
Well, that just looks scrumptious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by Mare749 (Well, that just look...)
That looks soooo yummy! I've got to remember to get William to bring the injector home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (That looks soooo yum...)
That looks amazing! I brought the injectors - I just need to remember where I put them.

Labs if you know a veterinarian down there you might check and see if you can get a hypodermic that they use for large animals. It is quite a bit larger and will work in a pinch, but herbs and such will have to be almost liquid.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by Harborwitch (That looks amazing! ...)
Quote:

Labs if you know a veterinarian down there you might check and see if you can get a hypodermic that they use for large animals. It is quite a bit larger and will work in a pinch, but herbs and such will have to be almost liquid.

That was about what I was thinking, too. In fact, the places I'll be checking first are the farming and agricultural stores. It could be right up their alley.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Great minds - and all that!

That was about what I was thinking, too. In fact, the places I'll be checking first are the farming and agricultural stores. It could be right up their alley.

[/blockquote]
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Issue #88 - Juicy Injected Chicken by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I bought two injectors the other day - one from a hardware store and one from a Farmers Supply, which was a little more expensive, but not so much. The largest needle at the farm supply was a 16 g X 1 1/2" - haven't used this one yet, started with the cheaper one and it worked fine. Of course, pressing the herb infused milk thru a sieve worked great - no worries about clogging.

The chicken was very good cold last night, but it's best warm, the flavor comes out more - and so moist and tender. Just yummy!
www.achefsjourney.com