2 Cheeses from Trader Joes
  Re: (...)
Just a heads up for a couple of new cheeses for us. Picked up a French Tomme de Savoie ($4.58) which is a softer cheese with flavors of Leiderkranz - really good, really pungent.

A couple of weeks ago, our winery had some Raw Milk Cheddar that was very good from a local cheesemaker. I picked up another pkg. at T.J. from another cheesemaker ($3.54) that was very good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by cjs (Just a heads up for ...)
Quote:

... with flavors of Leiderkranz ...

I thought Leiderkranz and Guildenstern were dead.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
there he goes again, flying over my head - I'm sure I'll be brought into things by tomorrow a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by cjs (there he goes again,...)
I just can't wrap my head around Leiderkranz - perhaps because my Dad pinned my arms behind my back and shoved a big ol' "slice" in my mouth and kept me until I swallowed. Camembert does the same thing to me - we had to give that lovely one we got up there to Francois.

Now the raw milk cheddar is right up my alley. I'm looking forward to a nice chunk of that Truffle cheese we got at Harbinger! Slurp, drool . . . .

Bob found a chunk of his elusive Habanero pepper jack at the "grocery outlet"!!! We haven't opened it yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by cjs (there he goes again,...)
Quote:

there he goes again, flying over my head - I'm sure I'll be brought into things by tomorrow a.m.

The real quote is from Hamlet (and also became the title of a much later play), and that is, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead."
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
O.K., I just continue to show my ignorance to you, don't I?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by cjs (O.K., I just continu...)
Well, it WAS a rather esoteric reference. Just had to try it, since the name of that cheese sounded similar enough.
  Re: Re: 2 Cheeses from Trader Joes by labradors (Well, it WAS a rathe...)
"esoteric" - I DO know what that means....
www.achefsjourney.com