Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling
  Re: (...)
While I was looking in my LC for Almond Joy Tartlets to make for my SIL, I came across the recipe for Lemon Shortbread Dough that I had copied from the Plus site. I have noted that it was from issue 26, page 36 4/2001. It was one of the first recipes I copied when I got LC, and I don't seem to have a filling. Can anyone tell me what the filling for this recipe is called so I can look for it in LC? I tried looking by the date I copied the recipe, but no filling for that date. Also if anyone has made this, I would love to know your feelings about it. I love lemon and the idea of the lemon shortbread with lemon curd sounds great to me (I love Ina's curd), but thought maybe the original recipe had a different flavor filling. My issues don't go that far back. TIA.
  Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by Cubangirl (While I was looking ...)
What is LC?
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by DFen911 (What is LC?...)
Denise, I forget what the L stands for (Living?), but the C stands for cookbook. This is the software that CG uses for her recipes instead of MC (MasterCook). CG, regrettably, I don't have that issue, so I'm no help at all. I'm sure someone who has that issue will be along soon to post the recipe for you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by DFen911 (What is LC?...)
LC = Living Cookbook
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by labradors (LC = [url=http://www...)
Sorry, CG, I don't have that issue either. It was before I started subscribing. Surely someone else will have it though. Sure sounds good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by Mare749 (Sorry, CG, I don't h...)
Hi, just got home, I'll look tomorrow a.m. for the filling (?) to post for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by cjs (Hi, just got home, I...)
Maybe this one?

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...&Main=4330
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by jend (Maybe this one?[br][...)
First sorry for the abbreviation. I use it so much I forget that others might not know. I knew I would be upgrading to Windows 7 and MC did not play well with 7, so I got LC and have been super happy with it. Anyway, I had gotten several recipes off the plus site before it was taken down and this was one of them. Here is the dough recipe, not the one to which the post above refers, I am sorry to say. Thanks.

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

LEMON SHORTBREAD DOUGH

Servings: 8
Yield: Makes: Eight 3 3/4" Tartlets or One 10" Tart

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. lemon zest, minced
1/4 tsp. table salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg yolk
1 TBS. fresh lemon juice

Blend all dry ingredients in a food processor to combine.

Pulse in the cold cubed butter until butter is the size of peas. Do not overwork.

Blend the egg yolk and lemon juice in a small bowl. With processor running, add yolk mixture and blend just until crumbly. Transfer to a work surface. Smear the mixture against the work surface with the heel of your hand to form a dough. Continue until the dough starts to stick together. Gather into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill 1/2 hour. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare tartlet pans by spraying each with nonstick spray. Press 2 T. dough into each pan. Dock with a fork and freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Place tartlets on a baking sheet and bake 15–18 minutes until firm, dry, and golden around the edges. Cool crusts in pans before filling and baking (do not remove sides or bottoms).

Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 18 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour and 42 minutes Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes

Source: Cuisine@Home, April 2001, Issue 26, p.36
Web Page: http://www.cuisinemembersplus.com/page/v...909&type=1

Recipe Type: Cuisine at Home, Desserts, Tarts
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by Cubangirl (First sorry for the ...)
The magazine shows a Pineapple Chess filling for the Lemon Shortbread dough; White Chocolate-Coconut for the Dark Chocolate Dough; and Key Lime for the Graham Cracker-Pretzel Dough.

Do you want any of these? Or does this help?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Shortbread Dough Tart Filling by cjs (The magazine shows a...)
Thank you so much. I guess I did not copy the fillings, just the dough. I think I would prefer a lemon curd to pineapple which may be why I did not copy them in the first place. I'll just use my favorite from Ina for now. Thanks again for checking for me.