What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25?
  Re: (...)
What's on eveyone's menu for today?

We're going 'big shopping' in the big city today, so will probably pick something up out and about.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by cjs (What's on eveyone's ...)
Have fun, Jean and Roy!

Somebody gave me some rosemary clippings a while ago, and I finally got around to stripping them down. Now I have all these branches. My favorite way to make London Broil is with rosemary, thyme, and basil on the grill. So I figure, why not throw some of those branches in there for a little smoky rosemary flavor? Now for a fun new side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Jean and R...)
Got some Jumbo Snow Crab Legs - yes, they are huge - for me and a lobster tail and filet for him.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by BarbaraS (Got some Jumbo Snow ...)
Tournament Euchre and Wine Tasting Party tonight! The varietal for the tasting is Viognier - I am to bring one from Chile. Bringing a composed salad of arugula and roasted beets with oranges and queso fresco.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by HomeCulinarian (Tournament Euchre an...)
Jean - if you are stopping at Trader Joe's don't forget to pick up some of those meyer lemon cookie thins.

Tonight we're having that grilled chicken and vegetables with a pesto dipping sauce. Maybe some corn on the cob as the starch.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by Trixxee (Jean - if you are st...)
Oh thanks, Trixxee, when we were there on the 15th, I looked at them and very wisely said, nahhhhhhh.

By the way speaking of Trader Joes - has anyone tried their brand Sake?? It is wonderful! small blue bottles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by cjs (Oh thanks, Trixxee, ...)
I just bought two more boxes this morning. My cousin went to buy some last week at her TJ's and they only had one box. I'm paranoid they're going to run out - LOL.

I've been asked to take them along on our camping trip next week.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by Trixxee (I just bought two mo...)
Trixxee, that is so funny! They must really be good!

Hey Jean! Did you score anything special on your shopping trip?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, that is so ...)
Roast beef with gravy, mixed green salad, baked potato, broccoli cauliflower carrots & mushrooms, garlic bread - mmmmmmm . . . . . . for 80!

Moises was on the "carving station", Tonya was serving along with another gal, Bob & Linda were behind the bar and I was in the kitchen (veggies, garlic bread, and pounds of bacon) and running refills on food out to the buffet line.

Dessert is a bourbon & a back rub by my chair.

Breakfast buffet in the morning - 6:30 kitchen call. Bob has to mix up bloody mary mix in the AM.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday - 6/25? by Harborwitch (Roast beef with grav...)
Anythin special? Not really - no fun things. Just staples and goodies for the party.
www.achefsjourney.com