4th of July Menu/Plans????
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by cjs (Here we are at the 4...)
So here I am on the Fourth with no lobster for Lobster Rolls....LOL! When I went to the store yesterday for a few things, I remembered I was supposed to be making my lobster stuffed tenderloin last night...OOPS! I ran to the back and grabbed my butcher to ask him about the tenderloins. He said they didn't have any in the warehouse last week. Oh well, I didn't mess up after all. I'm checking with him again tomorrow.

So, we'll scrounge for lunch and go next door for hot dogs tonight. And then sit back on the pier and enjoy the fireworks show tonight!

(Hey Jean! Did Roy finally crack and buy fireworks?)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Gourmet_Mom (So here I am on the ...)
We're doing grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob and potato salad. Our town does fireworks on the third so that part of the holiday is over.

It would be a great day to go to the beach weather-wise but oh so crowded. We went on Saturday for about 8 hours so I think we'v been sufficiently beached for the week.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Trixxee (We're doing grilled ...)
From reading facebook, it looks like you had a great time at the beach, Trixxee!

No, Daphne, he hasn't yet..................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by cjs (From reading faceboo...)
We sure did Jean! We'll be RV'ing down there next Sun-Wed, just up the street about a mile. Brand new campground that just opened Friday. Only 29 spots so I feel very lucky I got a reservation. I think it's called EL Morro campground - part of the CA state park system.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Trixxee (We sure did Jean! W...)
We're heading down to the clubhouse for a burger, hot dog, potato salad, dessert "picnic" early afternoon - dinner will be the oysters with bubbly. Tough life, but someone has to do it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Harborwitch (We're heading down t...)
"Tough life, but someone has to do it." LOL! I'll say, Sharon!

BTW, anyone who doesn't have live fireworks to watch, I highly recommend the Boston Pops! I always enjoy watching them when we come in from the local fireworks, but it looks like I won't be seeing them this year. They are on a channel I don't get. But if you can get them, watch...they're usually spectacular and set to music!
Daphne
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Gourmet_Mom ("Tough life, but som...)
The Boston Pops is always a great show. Have been watching that one for decades.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by labradors (The Boston Pops is a...)
Side note.....if you are time delayed. I'm mistaken. While the Boston Pops is great, the Macy's fireworks display is the best! The music and fireworks synchronization is spectacular! This year was not as good as the first time we saw it a few years ago, but really good! I hope I can get it next year. I got them confused because we couldn't get the Macy's display last year and thought it was a special Boston Pops. OOPS!
Daphne
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Gourmet_Mom (Side note.....if you...)
Another side note...I made chili for the hot dogs to take next door. So did the host. I'm glad I tasted mine before going over. I didn't get any for MY hot dog! I had to use his. They were side by side and mine was GONE! To be honest, mine was the first one you came to in the line, but still! I made enough chili for at least 25 hot dogs! I used 1 1/4 pounds of beef! There weren't that many people there!
Daphne
  Re: Re: 4th of July Menu/Plans???? by Gourmet_Mom (Another side note......)
Saw that, too. Better fireworks with Macy's; better music with the Pops - especially a MUCH better piccolo part on "The Stars and Stripes Forever." The Capitol Fourth on PBS is good, too, but we don't get PBS here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?