What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I made up a Creole seasoning yesterday (that is quite good), then made a Creole pizza sauce, so it's a Creole seafood pizza for us with shrimp and the last of the clams that are nicely seasoned from Nigella's pasta dish. fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Never thought of adding creole seasoning to the pizza sauce, thanks! It was "clean out all the fridges" day at the winery yesterday, so supper will be leftovers. We have brisket, pulled chicken, pulled pork, broccoli, carrots, cheery tomatoes, and lots of buns.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sounds great, Jean! I can't wait to hear how it turns out. What kind of cheese are you going to use?

I haven't got a clue, yet. I'm heading to the city for big grocery shopping today, so I'll wait for inspiration to strike.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds great, Jean! ...)
Not sure yet. Something quick and easy. Might make a chef salad and grill a steak for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. Somet...)
We are having dinner courtesy of one of my insurance brokers, at Vic & Anthoneys Steak House in Houston. It will be delicious!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by Old Bay (We are having dinner...)
We're supposed to get the rain that Bill enjoyed yesterday, so grilling is hopefully) out of the question. Instead we're having an oldie but goodie...C@H's Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad. I'm really looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by karyn (We're supposed to ge...)
I just got in from shopping! WHEW! In this heat, I'm sapped! Ashley and I had a late lunch at the Carolina Ale House. I had a Buffalo Shrimp Salad served in a taco shell. It was delicious and way more than I could eat. So I told William, I'd be happy with a sandwich, salad, or nothing at all.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by Gourmet_Mom (I just got in from s...)
Sounds like a fun day, Daphne! I'm sending rainy wishes your way tonight...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 6/22? by karyn (Sounds like a fun da...)
Oh, it was a great day! Ashley is my little budget shopper and guided me all day to the best deals in town.

Karyn, I certainly hope they get here. The afternoon rain line tends to be north and west of here these days. We're around 10 inches down from the expected water needed. The corn isn't going to make it, I don't think. The feed corn prices are going to be through the roof this fall.
Daphne