Calling for sangria recipes, please
  Re: (...)
Hey there! If you have a favorite sangria recipe, please share. I'm going to a party soon and have been asked to bring some. I've never made it before. But I'd prefer a recipe that is light and refreshing versus one that uses a sweeter, fuller wine. Thanks!!!
  Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by carolekv (Hey there! If you ha...)
You know, that's one summer favorite that has never been a favorite of mine. I remember years ago discussing it on an old forum and there was a recipe everyone really liked, but doing a search for it I could not find it.

Hopefully someone will stop by with the perfect ideas for you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by cjs (You know, that's one...)
Yes, it's funny, it's not really one of my favorites either which is why I have never made it. But I am hoping to figure out some recipe that will become something I do enjoy! It's usually just too sweet and heavy for me - I need light and fresh drinks for summer. Thanks!
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by carolekv (Yes, it's funny, it'...)
There is a white sangria recipe in Issue 46 that is really good. I made it for a summer party a couple of years ago and everyone liked it.
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by HomeCulinarian (There is a white san...)
It seems odd to say, being a Southerner, but I don't watch the Neely's on FN, because their dialect drives me crazy. But I had the channel on Saturday and perked up when they started talking about frozen grapes. They were making a Sangria with them. It was made with grapes, apples, lemons, white grape juice white wine, and vodka. The frozen grapes were a garnish. I don't care for the stuff either, but this one really got my attention. I'm glad you mentioned this so I could go copy it to try. Here's a link: Frozen Grape Sangria
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by Gourmet_Mom (It seems odd to say,...)
We like the white sangria recipe as well. It's really tasty! However, when I asked the wine guy at Whole Foods what wine he'd recommend for sangria, he suggested the Gran Vina Sangria that they carry. It comes in a wine bottle, and is really tasty and easy. We usually add cut up fruit to give it that sangria experience, but it's good just over ice, too. Here's a picture:

[Image: tmb_Sangria_Gran_Vina.jpg]

It's pretty inexpensive, too...
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by karyn (We like the white sa...)
It's really popular here this year, and folks seem to want it at weddings. We had leftover fruit salad one day, so added it to a semi dry white wine, with a bit of sparkling water. It was very refreshing, and the fruit soaked up the alcohol. Last week he tried a new one, equal parts peach wine and lemonade, really good and refreshing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by Lorraine (It's really popular ...)
My favorite sangria-----

1 bottle burgundy (pinot noir)
1 10oz bottle soda
1/2C brandy
1&1/2 oz triple sec
3T sugar
Juice of 2 oranges, 1 lemon, and 1 lime
1 8oz bottle maraschino cherries, drained
lemon, orange, and lime slices
Mix first six ingredients in a glass pitcher. Garnish with slices and cherries. Can be done several days ahead, just add the soda before serving.

From the Austin Jr. League, Necessities and Temptations.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by Lorraine (It's really popular ...)
Aha! copied and filed, Lorraine - I have fruit leftover sometimes and now I can do something constructive with it instead of gobbling it down! thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please by cjs (Aha! copied and file...)
Serves 16

Peach Sangria

1/4 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup cognac
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 oranges, sliced into rounds
1 mango, peeled and sliced
2 (750 milliliter) bottles dry white wine, chilled
1/2 liter ginger ale, chilled

In a pitcher, combine peach schnapps, cognac, sugar, sliced oranges and sliced mangos. Chill for at least an hour.
Pour fruit mixture into a large punch bowl. Stir in white wine and ginger ale.