What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

We're having home cooked Birthday Dinner!!! My only problem was finding the Plum sake, so I did get some "sparkling" sake (never heard of it before) and thought I might just add a little Asian plum sauce to it for the pickling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I have Chinese plum wine, no plum sake. This just might make it to the table tonight. It depends on how time and the "chores" go.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by Harborwitch (I have Chinese plum ...)
Taco night tonight. Something easy and fast.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by piano226 (Taco night tonight. ...)
Thinking about this, but with salmon.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-...000113009/
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by Trixxee (Thinking about this,...)
We're going to do the Chicken Diane'
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by Old Bay (We're going to do th...)
I'm doing "real food" for the first time in AGES! I'm gonna grill brats
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by DFen911 (I'm doing "real food...)
Speaking of brats, I just saw this this a.m. -

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/tunis...d-sausages

I have to make this this week sometime...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by cjs (Speaking of brats, I...)
I was going to make the Birthday Dinner, but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow night. I didn't get to stop at the grocery store in town today, and it's blistering hot and humid here. I just don't have it in me to get out and go back to town. That being said, I think we'll just have burgers with a side of frozen peaches.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well, Hubby's BD is this week, but he wants Macs N'Cheeses and I can't do that for a weeknight dinner. It bakes for 1 1/2 hours to get to the crusty cheesiness he loves, so I'm making it tonight.

Will do Lava Cakes for his BD. If I do that 3-layer, 4 icing batch extravaganza, we either give all away or freeze it until we forget about it and eat it anyway. Has anyone done lava Cakes?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/22?? by BarbaraS (Well, Hubby's BD is ...)
Yes, I used to do them catering. They are so delicious. What a great B'day dinner for him, Barbara.
www.achefsjourney.com