Two reviews from the new Chicken Book
  Re: (...)
HI

A few days ago I made the Old fashioned Chicken noodle soup. We really liked it but both agreed that if I used my own homemade chicken broth it would be much much better.

Yesterday I made the Coconut-Tomato chicken with shrimp. We both loved it. The flavors are great. Would be a good dish to serve for a casual dinner. I would give it a solid 8 on a scale of 1-10.
  Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by piano226 (HI[br][br]A few days...)
Thanks for the reviews! I will have to check out this book. We do eat a lot of chicken and need more ways to prepare it.

The coconut tomato chicken shrimp thing sounds interesting. I love coconut.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by luvnit (Thanks for the revie...)
Thanks you for posting your reviews. I agree, chicken soup is always better with homemade broth. The other dish sounds good too. I'm thinking that I will probably order this book anyway as it sounds like there are plenty of good recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by Mare749 (Thanks you for posti...)
I love it when people post reviews. Thanks so much!

I've been looking for this book, but haven't seen it around. I plan on picking it up when I do see it. A collection of good chicken recipes is never a bad thing!
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by karyn (I love it when peopl...)
Tomato, coconut soup???? That does sound good!! thanks. I guess I'll have to get this one, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by cjs (Tomato, coconut soup...)
Hi Jean,

It is not a soup it is more like a stew with the most aromatic and delicious gravy. The side dish that goes with it is coconut rice that I did not make. I just made plain rice.
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by piano226 (Hi Jean,[br][br]It i...)
Oh yes, the Coconut Tomato Chicken w/ Shrimp sounds right up our alley! Without seeing the recipe, I imagine that it's "Thai- like"? I'll have to look for that edition. Thanks, Marina!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by foodfiend (Oh yes, the Coconut ...)
Well then, Marina, that's right up my alley - I prefer 'stewlike' soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by cjs (Well then, Marina, t...)
Let me know if you guys want the recipe...i will type it in
  Re: Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book by cjs (Tomato, coconut soup...)
Quote:

Tomato, coconut soup???? That does sound good!! thanks. I guess I'll have to get this one, too.

Don't forget to try THIS ONE sometime, too. Very yummy. Hard to believe it's already been a year since I first made it. Need to make it again, once I'm done with several other projects and experiments.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?