Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America
  Re: (...)
Ask and you shall receive, Jean....LOL! I just started watching. I'm anxious to see what they do with them, myself. I figure anything they do with mussels, I can translate to clams....for the most part.

I hope you have that DVR going! I'm guessing you'll want to see this one, especially since you're wanting to play with mussels!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Gourmet_Mom (Ask and you shall re...)
Jean, be sure you have your notebook and pencil handy when the show starts! It moves REALLY FAST. I've only seen the presentation of the challenger, but I'm guessing you'll want to take notes for this one while they're cooking!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, be sure you ha...)
Bob and I watched this with awe!! WOW!!! There were some ideas that we just went mad over.

Oh well - now off to bed, I'm not sure how I'm going to like having to be at work at 7am
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Harborwitch (Bob and I watched th...)
I have to find a repeat of this!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Old Bay (I have to find a rep...)
I just may not "delete" after we watch it tonight. I always have a pencil and paper handy when I watch any cooking show - how else would I be able to steal so many good ideas?????

I sub mussels/clams in lots of recipes, too, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by cjs (I just may not "dele...)
This was a great show! Wish I had taped it. Will have to look for a re-run so I can watch it again. Bobby Flay surprised me. I know he's a very talented chef, but for some reason, I just didn't think this was going to be his thing. Both chefs did an outstanding job.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Mare749 (This was a great sho...)
Oh my, we sure enjoyed this show -

pasta with mussel broth and sauce of cream, anchovies, mint, lemon zest topped with crumbs mixed with garlic butter. What's not to love??

Corn Puree with oyster mushrooms, grilled lobster, smoked mussels and charred red onions.

Saffron aioli in the mussel shell topped with grilled frisée and mussels and roasted prawns(?) - wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by cjs (Oh my, we sure enjoy...)
I can't wait to watch it again this weekend! I'm taking notes this time, myself!
Daphne
  Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by Gourmet_Mom (Ask and you shall re...)
Okay, we're watching this now and I have to ask, what is "Chicken Lobster"?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Battle Mussels! Iron Chef America by BarbaraS (Okay, we're watching...)
a young lobster weighing a lb. or less. Isn't this a good shhow??
www.achefsjourney.com