Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot! what's on the menu for everyone??

I just finished 2 different batches of crabcakes and 4 sauces to play with some sliders.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by cjs (Almost forgot! what'...)
YUM! I can't wait to hear how they turn out!

I haven't decided. I need to come up with something soon. I'm going out to the farm, and I want to stop at the store when I head back. (I'm taking the camera to share pics of the garden.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! I can't wait t...)
Doing the Chicken Diane and Linguini with Truffle Butter from the new issue. Hope it turns out as good as it looks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by BarbaraS (Doing the Chicken Di...)
Barbara, you're going to LOVE it! I made it last week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, you're goin...)
I only made the chicken diane and it is definitely a keeper. One thing I really liked about it is you generally have all the ingredients on hand.

Tony's going to Costco here in a bit in search of some fresh salmon. We'll grill it very simply - lemon juice, EVOO, chopped shallots, S&P. Asparagus and something potato-y as we didn't do potatoes last night after all.
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by Trixxee (I only made the chic...)
I bought chicken thighs to put on the grill, but it's pouring here, so that might not happen. Might have to oven-fry instead. Also have planned a risotto and a side of grilled veggies that may end up in the stir fry pan.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by Mare749 (I bought chicken thi...)
That chicken Diane is calling my name!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by cjs (That chicken Diane i...)
Quote:

That chicken Diane is calling my name!!

I thought your name was "Jean," not "Diane."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, you're goin...)
Daphne,

You were so right! That was awesome!! Especially the Linguini! I used both black truffle oil and black truffle butter - D'artangnan brand from Wegman's. That was one of the best recipes from Cuisine and a definite keeper!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Ooops! Sautrday, 5/14 Dinner?? by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]You w...)
Calling louder and louder....

(go find your room, Labs )
www.achefsjourney.com