Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having a ground beef casserole, have lots of things in the frig to get rid of, so a kitchen sink casserole.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I've chosen a recipe with shrimp wrapped with sole filets with a creamy sauce, asparagus and a orzo pilaf.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (I've chosen a recipe...)
Still thinking about it. Need some inspiration...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by Mare749 (Still thinking about...)
Braised Hawaiian style pork with stir fried cabbage. Haven't made it in a couple of years at least.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by Trixxee (Braised Hawaiian sty...)
We're headed out of town for a long weekend early tomorrow morning, so dinner is leftovers.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by karyn (We're headed out of ...)
Wow, Jeannette, that sounds wonderful - as does everything else, except my darn casserole.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (I've chosen a recipe...)
Quote:

I've chosen a recipe with shrimp wrapped with sole filets with a creamy sauce, asparagus and a orzo pilaf.

WHY?

LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think Jeannette's meal sounds fabulous. Please let us know if it's a keeper.

Finally decided to put turkey burgers on the grill, corn on the cob (on the grill) and steamed broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by Mare749 (I think Jeannette's ...)
Jean, I'm sure you're casserole will turn out great. But I must say that Jeannette and Trixxee have got you beat!

I'm waiting for inspiration...at this late hour. I've had a REALLY rough day, so a grilled meat (as yet to be determined), corn on the cob and a salad may be all I can muster. I'm thinking of marinating a flank steak or chicken breasts in some sort of vinaigrette. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 5/11 - What's for dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm sure you'r...)
I am resurrecting the failed pork roast in Chile Verde, enchiladas, and rice with corn & scallions. May get to a salad - may not.

My Dr. was on vacation and the "on-call" wouldn't refill my sleeping meds. We figured that since Saturday I've had maybe 16 or 18 hours of sleep. I'm trounced - he called them in today so I plan on getting a good night's sleep tonight!!! (that's a sleep mask, not sunglasses)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!