I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup.
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by HomeCulinarian (Just looked in my Cz...)
You know ethnic-wise, we are a huge Norwegian factor up here!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by cjs (You know ethnic-wise...)
Denise that sounds like it's close!

Jean I noticed lefse in the store today. LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by Harborwitch (Denise that sounds l...)
NO! If you've not ever had it, don't let the first time be some commercial crap!! Take a morning you have off and make my Grandma's from a Chef's Journey...Home! You'll be addicted.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by cjs (NO! If you've not ev...)
My cast iron griddle will work?????

We tried the commercial CR@P - gag. I'll be sure to do that one of these mornings.
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by Harborwitch (My cast iron griddle...)
cast iron griddle is perfect, unless you have a wood stove hidden in the RV.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by cjs (cast iron griddle is...)
Couldn't talk Bob into that wood stove We did almost get a lefse making set in ND - it was on sale but we were in the process of moving into to the motor home.
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by Harborwitch (Couldn't talk Bob in...)
Maybe this is close to what you are looking for. It's an old Quebec recipe that we often serve with tourtiere. It's a bit chunky, but you can put it in the food processor if you want it smoother. For the "marinade spice", I use pickling spice that has cloves in it.

Ketchup Gramdmere
One 28oz can of diced tomatoes
2apples, peeled and sliced thin you could also use 2 peaches or 2 pears
3 onions sliced thin
1/2 green pepper diced
1 tbsp marinade spices
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
s&p

Simmer one hour or until desired consistency
Makes about one liter
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by Lorraine (Maybe this is close ...)
Thank you Lorraine - I'll make up a batch and see, it sounds close. That would be great on Tourtiere!
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by Lorraine (Maybe this is close ...)
Made this today. Trying it tonight on burgers. Actually made my five sauces today, and trying them all, this was just one of them. We are serving it for the party tomorrow.

I also made Watermelon Mint Mojitos. But I made it into the 'slushy' drink tha t you freeze and serve by scooping and adding soda water to it. I will let you all know how that turns out too. Nervous about that one.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I need help! I'm hooked on European Ketchup. by luvnit (Made this today. Try...)
I'm anxious to hear about this sauce and the mojitos. I've not been inclined to try regular mojitos, but watermelon might win me over.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.