What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having today??

We ended up going down the hill last night so will have the Chicken Tetrazzini today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
I have six gorgeous Anahiem peppers, so I will roast them, stuff them, and make Relleno.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by SherryDAmore1 (I have six gorgeous ...)
Welcome to the neighborhood, Sherry!!! It's always fun to have a new friend on the forums.

I'm going to Sherry's house for dinner!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by SherryDAmore1 (I have six gorgeous ...)
That sounds so good. We bought some wonderful smelling smoked German sausage and some kraut in a bag. I'll go from there - maybe some corn muffins??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by Harborwitch (That sounds so good....)
Grilled salmon, baked potatoes and a salad with micro greens, beets, toasted almonds and goat cheese.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by Trixxee (Grilled salmon, bake...)
Tonight's dinner will be my adaptation of Karyn's birthday dinner from scallops to rĂ³balo.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by labradors (Tonight's dinner wil...)
We have concert tickets for tonight, so going downtown early for happy hour and dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by Mare749 (We have concert tick...)
Have fun Maryann!

We're having Sliced Steak with Arugula. It's a recipe from Gourmet, and is quick, easy, and tasty.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by karyn (Have fun Maryann! [b...)
Everything sounds good! It's book club night for me at a friend's whose husband cooks for us and it's always good. BTW, We read "Light on Snow" by Anita Shreve.

Before book club, Hubby and I are going to an open house for Roger Ebert - it's the opening night of Ebertfest here and it's a big deal for our community. I've never met him in person, so maybe tonight's my chance!

And, Welcome to Sherry!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 4/27?? by HomeCulinarian (Everything sounds go...)
Welcome Sherry! Your dinner sounds really good!

I met Mom in the city today, and we didn't get around to lunch until 3. That was a good thing, since I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair this morning getting a cleaning and 2 old fillings repaired. My dentist doesn't believe in his patients feeling any pain, so my mouth was so numb I couldn't have eaten any earlier anyway. We went to this place called Pita Delight that serves mostly Greek food. They serve a salad of just Romaine and sliced tomatoes topped with Feta and marinated, roasted, and shredded chicken and onions. It's served with a wonderful house Greek dressing and fresh warm pita bread. The servings at this place are HUGE!

Needless to say, I'm STILL not hungry....LOL! (Just got home good after some big time grocery shopping.) I called and had William warm the leftover spaghetti.

I scored big with Mom. I had asked her to bring some of her old cookware to take to Andrew this weekend. She offered to buy him a decent set instead. So I met her at a department store that has good deals. Not only did she get him a ten piece set of Cuisinart, she THEN sprang for 14 inch skillet, cute flip flop spreaders and wine glasses I had set aside for me!!!!! AND REFUSED to let me pay for lunch! I wouldn't let her join me grocery shopping. Last time, she bought my groceries, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.