What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having tonight?

It's party night at our house again. A neighbor had a birthday last week and because we couldn't all get our schedules meshed, we held off until tonight. She lives alone and is so tickled we are all getting together for her, so I'm glad we're doing this.

our menu -
(of course, have to get some testing/plating in )
Chutney-Cheese Crostini
Grilled Skirt Steak Crostini
Tortilla-Sausage Wraps

Pepperoni PIzza Soup
Cheesy Garlic Bread
(both C@H recipes)

Pound Cake "Fries" and "Ketchup"

The eclectic menu is because the ages ranges from 1 1/2 years to, well me!! with a couple of teenagers thrown in, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Interesting menu Jean - sounds like fun.

We're going exploring today - so I have no idea what we'll come up with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by Harborwitch (Interesting menu Jea...)
Sounds like a lot of fun Jean! I need to make those fries and Ketchup! I know the kids would love it!

Crockpot Lasagna. I have some ricotta to use up from the stuffed chicken breasts.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by esgunn (Sounds like a lot of...)
Sounds good Jean! If I can find a ripe avocado, I'd like to make the shrimp cobb salad from the new Cooking Light. If I can't, I might make linguine with clam sauce.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by Trixxee (Sounds good Jean! I...)
That sounds like a fun menu, Jean!

I wanted to grill, but there's a pretty good chance of thunderstorms this evening, so we're having Cincinnati Chili instead.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by karyn (That sounds like a f...)
We just finished that up, Karyn - love it. Do you make the bread salad to go with it? It's just perfect! Enjoy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by cjs (We just finished tha...)
Mountain Mike's Chicken Club Pizza from "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!!" I made three of these today, one for us, one for my dad to take home (he came for lunch today) and one for my sister, who is under the weather with that horrendous cold/flu that still seems to be going around.

Also made a nice mixed green salad to go with, and Ron may want a cup of Beef Barley Vegetable Soup that I made yesterday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by cjs (We just finished tha...)
Quote:

We just finished that up, Karyn - love it. Do you make the bread salad to go with it? It's just perfect! Enjoy.

No, we're just doing a tossed green salad. I'll have to go look up the bread salad. We've never tried that one....probably because the Cincinnati Chili feels indulgent enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You might try it sometime, Karyn - it absolutely makes the dish, we think anyway.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 4/22?? by cjs (You might try it som...)
I picked up some chicken to go earlier this evening. I had a messed up day....band concert, schedule change due to a canceled carnival, ball game, county spelling bee. I didn't get home until after 8:30. POOPED! I'm glad tomorrow is half a day and then I'll be on VACATION for a WEEK!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.