Bill & Jane - Texas fires????
  Re: (...)
We're watching the news about the fires all over Texas - I hope all is well for you two and that you're safe.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Harborwitch (We're watching the n...)
I saw that earlier. The report I saw said that every county is affected. We'd love to hear from you guys.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Harborwitch (We're watching the n...)
Most are in W and NW Texas. Some are within 100 miles of Dallas (our Holly & family),less from Austin (our Allison,Derek, & Eric) and an area equal to Rhode (sp?) Island has burned--we as 90% of Texas are in a burn ban--no rain since January. We'll be fine--we always survive--I do think Gov Perry has asked the feds for some of our tax money back to fight the fires. That's ok--we're kind of a step child-I don't even like Perry, but we should get some help --we're ok--thanks for asking--Daphne and North Carolina have a lot more to worry about!! All our prayers girl!!.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Old Bay (Most are in W and NW...)
Unbelievable - this weather. And, Vicci with a stream in her yard (hilltop yard at that!)

Bill, did you have a great weekend with Holly and her family?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by cjs (Unbelievable - this ...)
It's good to "hear your voice" Bill. Take good care.

Jean you're right - the weather is totally weird this year. It was down in the 20's last night here, it's raining in CA, the huge storms everywhere. Mother Nature sure is showing us her ugly side this year.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Harborwitch (It's good to "hear y...)
Thanks Bill! I now see what you're talking about. The weather men are SAYING it will be nothing like the system last weekend, but I'm not so convinced. I heard today that the system that went through last weekend hit an area west of here. No tornado, but baseball size hail. The guy that told about it said a friend was in a Super Walmart and when it was over and everyone went outside...every car in the lot had busted out windows. MERCY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by cjs (Unbelievable - this ...)
Quote:

Unbelievable - this weather. And, Vicci with a stream in her yard (hilltop yard at that!)

Bill, did you have a great weekend with Holly and her family?

We had a great weekend!!! We are planning a Disney cruise out of Galveston in Sept 2012!!! For the whole family!! The boys will be 8 & 10 and have all of their uncles with them,plus parents & grandparents--uncles and little boys are special together!! The age is perfect, I think, for a Disney cruise!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill, you've got that right! This will be the perfect time to go together! I'm sure everyone will have a great time, but I think the "boys" will have the most fun. Although, everyone else will have a blast watching them together...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Bill! I now ...)
Quote:

baseball size hail

I'm trying to wrap my mind around that...

Bill, if we could send you all some rain, I would love to. In 28 years I have never seen so much.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane - Texas fires???? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill, what a perfect idea! That's going to be such a great experience for you all!