What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu?

I had some V-8 juice left from the Cincinnati chili, so made some bloody marys and will have a brunch type dinner today with a crab quesadilla to go with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I have no idea. I'm going to do some menu planning for next week. I'll check back in. Got to score the online writing tests the kids took last week, so busy day. I'm glad it's raining. No temptation to go outside instead.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. I'm...)
Daphne, are you getting the horrendous weather we're hearing about this weekend??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by cjs (Daphne, are you gett...)
It's not here yet, but the wind just picked up BIG TIME! They SAY it's not going to be as bad here as in the Midwest....we'll see. I just checked the radar. I think it is here, but the worst of it went way north. I hope all our friends up there are okay. We've got one little band of intense storms coming at us and some flare ups starting to show up. But the WIND!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's not here yet, b...)
Tony's making a big batch of marinara sauce and meatballs. And he has to put the new smoker together. He'll be very busy today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's not here yet, b...)
Be safe everyone in the path of that storm system. Gawd we hate the wind. Today is beautiful, started out foggy but now it's clearing up - a little breeze. Nice day for a golf tournament. I work 2 - 7 so I[m guessing we'll grill some chicken this evening with some steamed broccoli. Easy - maybe I'll have Bob make up that marinade for the halibut and put it on the chicken. Hmmmmm. Yum.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Harborwitch (Be safe everyone in ...)
Daphne, I hope the storm isn't too bad in your area. It wasn't here, although it was awful in Alabama. I'm so sorry for the devastation there and in the Midwest. However, it's been nice getting more rain here recently. I was concerend that we might be looking at a drought again...

We're probably going to have mac & cheese and green beans. I'm really tired from working on putting our house back together, and comfort food sounds good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by karyn (Daphne, I hope the s...)
Got tornado warnings now! Mercy...times like this I hate these trees! William made BBQ for lunch so that will be dinner. I'm not going out in this thing!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Got tornado warnings...)
I've been seeing and hearing about crazy stuff from some of my FB friends. Wow! Hope everyone is safe with no damage.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 4/16?? by Trixxee (I've been seeing and...)
We made it through with no serious weather...miraculous, since there were tornadoes all around. The town where I teach got hit. Don't know how bad yet. Three dead, though.

I hope others were as lucky. It looked ugly up in Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, and more.
Daphne