What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having C@H's Cincinnati Chili and cracker salad - been a long time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I've chosen the Puerto Rican chicken stew in the CAH Slow Cooker book with the Caribbean fruit salad suggested as the side. Has anyone made this yet? I'm wondering about the chicken bones at the end of cooking. It looks like they've been deboned in the photo, but that isn't in the instructions.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by HomeCulinarian (I've chosen the Puer...)
I don't think I've made this, but can't find my book right now. think it's buried.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by cjs (I don't think I've m...)
Came across a recipe in the April Bon Apetit that sounds good. Sauteed Chicken and Radishes with Mustard and Tarragon. Asparagus with it too. Going to see how eating a protein and veggies go the rest of the week. Overdid it on vacation. Just how many calories can mai tais possible have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by Trixxee (Came across a recipe...)
Did you drink the MaiTai's standing up or sitting down. No calories if it was standing up.

That chicken sounds really good! Radishes and asparagus are wonderful spring treats.

I don't know what we're having tonight. I work until 7 - don't know for sure whether it will be in the pro shop or the kitchen. Hmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by Harborwitch (Did you drink the Ma...)
I'd forgotten how good C@H's Cincinnati Chili with cracker salad (Soups, Stews book) was almost 3 years ago (hate to repeat too often ) This is delicious. It's hot, but the sweet/tart salad vinaigrette is so good with it, I didn't mind the heat at all.

[Image: CHCincinnatiChili.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by cjs (I'd forgotten how go...)
That's my problem - I was sitting down! LOL. Jean, that looks absolutely delicious.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by cjs (I'd forgotten how go...)
Looks yummy, Jean.

I'm making the Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin Pinwheels with Carolina Mustard Sauce Epicurious | May 2009 that Karyn (?) posted a while back. I've been wanting to try it, but we had JUST had pork tenderloin that night. I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning polenta and garlicky green beans (that I forgot Sunday) for sides. Karyn, or whoever never came back on to comment on the dish, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks yummy, Jean. ...)
We definitely thought the pecan crusted pork tenderloin was a keeper! However, it took my pork much longer than the recipe specified to get to temp. As I was re-reading the recipe, I realized that I was supposed to cut the bacon-wrapped pieces in half, crosswise, after I speared them. Duh!! I hope you're a better reader than me, Daphne!

Edited to add: Oh, we had Reuben sandwiches for dinner. I'm putting the disaster kitchen back together (YIPPEE!!!!), but the air is still so dusty from the floor refinishing that we decided to head to the lake tonight. Pictures will be coming soon!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday 4/13?? by karyn (We definitely though...)
Just think, it's almost behind you and you'll be able to play again!!!
www.achefsjourney.com